Login or Sign Up

Global Forums > General > UK PASSPORT RENEWAL

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
UK PASSPORT RENEWAL

Hello, I am a UK national who also became Swiss five years ago. I just went online to renew my UK passport, and I think it's asking me to send not only my old UK passport but colour copies of every single page of my Swiss passport. This seems so extraordinary that I think I must have misunderstood. Is there anyone out there who knows for sure whether this is indeed the case and can enlighten me please? Many thanks! Rosemary Hill

The text you are quoting:

Hello, I am a UK national who also became Swiss five years ago. I just went online to renew my UK passport, and I think it's asking me to send not only my old UK passport but colour copies of every single page of my Swiss passport. This seems so extraordinary that I think I must have misunderstood. Is there anyone out there who knows for sure whether this is indeed the case and can enlighten me please? Many thanks! Rosemary Hill

Rosemary HJul 13, 2021 @ 18:10
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

10 Replies | 1065 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: UK PASSPORT RENEWAL
Post 1

Jul 13, 21 18:10

Hello, Rosemary:

I’ve not heard of this either but why not ring the Consular Section of the UK Embassy in Bern?  They should be able to explain.  However, I think they are only “open for business” in the morning.

All the best,

Ritchie

Hello, Rosemary:

I’ve not heard of this either but why not ring the Consular Section of the UK Embassy in Bern?  They should be able to explain.  However, I think they are only “open for business” in the morning.

All the best,

Ritchie

Ritchie, Jul 14, 2021 @ 11:04
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2

Thank you, Ritchie. I did, yesterday. After spending five minutes on the phone being told by an automated announcement of a half dozen other numbers I should be calling and several other websites I should be looking at - in other words, 'don't bother us' - and failing to connect with anything even remotely resembling a human being, I gave up.Yell

Thank you, Ritchie. I did, yesterday. After spending five minutes on the phone being told by an automated announcement of a half dozen other numbers I should be calling and several other websites I should be looking at - in other words, 'don't bother us' - and failing to connect with anything even remotely resembling a human being, I gave up.Yell

Rosemary H, Jul 14, 2021 @ 11:10
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3

Jul 14, 21 11:10

I would probably have done the same.

Meantime, I’ll ask a couple of friends about their experience in obtaining a new UK passport and will get back to you soonest pos.

Meantime, I’m glad to hear you also have a CH document. It could come in handy.

Let’s also hope that we can meeet up in one of our old haunts ’ere too long.

Take care, Ritchie

I would probably have done the same.

Meantime, I’ll ask a couple of friends about their experience in obtaining a new UK passport and will get back to you soonest pos.

Meantime, I’m glad to hear you also have a CH document. It could come in handy.

Let’s also hope that we can meeet up in one of our old haunts ’ere too long.

Take care, Ritchie

Ritchie, Jul 14, 2021 @ 23:02
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 4

Thank you, but not to worry, I did the photocopying and sent the whole kit and caboodle off this afternoon. Terrible waste of paper, but there you go. Hope they like all the pretty colours!! Laughing

Yes, if we ever do get back to physical services - at this rate I think they'll have re-imposed restrictions before we're deemed 'ready', silly really, since other churches have been managing for months - I look forward to seeing you personally, rather than on a screen!!

Thanks again, stay well and stay safe!

Rosemary

Thank you, but not to worry, I did the photocopying and sent the whole kit and caboodle off this afternoon. Terrible waste of paper, but there you go. Hope they like all the pretty colours!! Laughing

Yes, if we ever do get back to physical services - at this rate I think they'll have re-imposed restrictions before we're deemed 'ready', silly really, since other churches have been managing for months - I look forward to seeing you personally, rather than on a screen!!

Thanks again, stay well and stay safe!

Rosemary

Rosemary H, Jul 14, 2021 @ 23:17
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 5

Yes, they actually require copies of the whole Swiss passport. (I think to check if you used the Swiss passport to travel "anywhere bad".)

The extension process my fried went through just a few months ago in the end went incredibly fast, with update e-mails almost every day.

I hope this helps.

Yes, they actually require copies of the whole Swiss passport. (I think to check if you used the Swiss passport to travel "anywhere bad".)

The extension process my fried went through just a few months ago in the end went incredibly fast, with update e-mails almost every day.

I hope this helps.

Stephanie D, Jul 16, 2021 @ 09:55
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 6

Thank you, Stephanie. Well I've only used it twice so far - once to Turkey and once to Russia. But my old UK passport is stuffed full of stamps and visas, including at least ten from Russia, so that should give them something to think about!!Smile It's good to hear the process is swift though, so thank you very much for your help!

Thank you, Stephanie. Well I've only used it twice so far - once to Turkey and once to Russia. But my old UK passport is stuffed full of stamps and visas, including at least ten from Russia, so that should give them something to think about!!Smile It's good to hear the process is swift though, so thank you very much for your help!

Rosemary H, Jul 16, 2021 @ 10:12
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 7

Dear All can u have a look at my post today and possibly give me a bit of advice re uk passport renewal 

Many tks Arthur 

Dear All can u have a look at my post today and possibly give me a bit of advice re uk passport renewal 

Many tks Arthur 

TheMancunian, Aug 3, 2021 @ 22:20
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 8

Hello. I'm sorry, I would, but I don't see your post ...

Rosemary H, Aug 3, 2021 @ 23:04
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 9

Aug 3, 21 23:04

Hello, Rosemary:

You’ll find Arthur’s post under  “Renewing UK passports when living in Switzerland”.

Best wishes, R.

Hello, Rosemary:

You’ll find Arthur’s post under  “Renewing UK passports when living in Switzerland”.

Best wishes, R.

Ritchie, Aug 3, 2021 @ 23:28
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 10

Thanks, Ritchie!

Thanks, Ritchie!