Login or Sign Up

Global Forums > General > Vegan ditches plant diet for only meat, bone marrow and BRAINS to 'save her life'

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Vegan ditches plant diet for only meat, bone marrow and BRAINS to 'save her life'

Interesting read, several of us have met AJ a few years ago.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/vegan-ditches-plant-diet-only-14139591

The text you are quoting:

Interesting read, several of us have met AJ a few years ago.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/vegan-ditches-plant-diet-only-14139591

SWISSMar 18, 2019 @ 11:52
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

6 Replies | 921 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Vegan ditches plant diet for only meat, bone marrow and BRAINS to 'save her life'
Post 1

So AJ is now leaning onto the other extreme because being a RAW vegan without vitamin supplements for six years led to health problems (the raw vegans I knew ate excessive amounts of chocolate and sweet deserts, maybe misinterpreting a craving for some other vital nutrients that they were lacking).

She now says eating 2kg of meat a day is "balanced". 

Someone please speak to her about the abyss on the two sides of the middle path.

So AJ is now leaning onto the other extreme because being a RAW vegan without vitamin supplements for six years led to health problems (the raw vegans I knew ate excessive amounts of chocolate and sweet deserts, maybe misinterpreting a craving for some other vital nutrients that they were lacking).

Someone please speak to her about the abyss on the two sides of the middle path.

evanescence, Mar 18, 2019 @ 14:02
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Re: Vegan ditches plant diet for only meat, bone marrow and BRAINS to 'save her life'
Post 2

This is really sad. Why couldn't her parents care about her diet from the beginning. Becoming a vegan does come with its cons and pros. If she had taken supplements for the vitamins that she couldn't get from her vegan diet she wouldn't be where she is today. Yes, it is tough being a vegan but you should know the things you will need to eat as supplements. Gosh, now the diet is of brains and heart?!!!!Sealed

This is really sad. Why couldn't her parents care about her diet from the beginning. Becoming a vegan does come with its cons and pros. If she had taken supplements for the vitamins that she couldn't get from her vegan diet she wouldn't be where she is today. Yes, it is tough being a vegan but you should know the things you will need to eat as supplements. Gosh, now the diet is of brains and heart?!!!!Sealed

Bryan McMullan, Mar 29, 2019 @ 07:54
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3

Controversy over veganism is raging, but I guess the problem is that many vegans will stamp a food product as healthy only because it’s vegan. In fact, good food, vegan or not, needs to be like good interaction between people: real, authentic, clean, nutritious. Anything else makes us sick… just sayin’.

Controversy over veganism is raging, but I guess the problem is that many vegans will stamp a food product as healthy only because it’s vegan. In fact, good food, vegan or not, needs to be like good interaction between people: real, authentic, clean, nutritious. Anything else makes us sick… just sayin’.

Elisabeth L, Mar 30, 2019 @ 16:32
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 4

Mar 18, 19 14:02

"Someone please speak to her about the abyss on the two sides of the middle path" - Best comment I've read in a long time.  Thank you. Maybe you could be that one??

"Someone please speak to her about the abyss on the two sides of the middle path" - Best comment I've read in a long time.  Thank you. Maybe you could be that one??

Carolyn C, Mar 30, 2019 @ 19:53
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 5

From my point of view vegetarianism and other food restrictions are a pure psychological disbalance. I didn’t eat any meat for 2 years. Only eggs and fish. and I truly believed it’s for a good cause. When it all started I didnt have any control of my life but I could control what I ate. When I finally stopped my food restrictions and allowed myself to eat meat, my body was craving for meat at every meal which wasn’t the case in my life before. Only then I understood the power of my mind and what It was. 

I wish to all people to stay balanced and healthy in their mind and in their body. 

From my point of view vegetarianism and other food restrictions are a pure psychological disbalance. I didn’t eat any meat for 2 years. Only eggs and fish. and I truly believed it’s for a good cause. When it all started I didnt have any control of my life but I could control what I ate. When I finally stopped my food restrictions and allowed myself to eat meat, my body was craving for meat at every meal which wasn’t the case in my life before. Only then I understood the power of my mind and what It was. 

I wish to all people to stay balanced and healthy in their mind and in their body. 

Nat S, Apr 2, 2019 @ 03:37
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 6

The journalists love these stories, as they can stir some raw emotions in so many people. Just the other day there was one of a raw vegan YouTuber Yovana Mendoza (Rawvana) caught eating fish:

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2019/mar/26/the-furore-over-the-fish-eating-vegan-influencer-is-a-warning-to-us-all

A universally perfect diet does not exist, as we all have different body constitutions and are undergoing constant changes, affected by our life circumstances, seasons, general metabolic rate, stress levels, etc. 

We can study the general principles of a healthy nutrition and then adapt them to our particular life situation or phase. Certain people can and do thrive on a vegan diet. The mistake is to assume that “If they did it, so can I, all I need to do is stop touching animal products!” A smooth transition between diets takes time, a lot of learning and some patience. I would recommend anybody wanting to optimise their nutrition to find a good nutritionist or naturopath. They will go through your previous/current health history in great detail and will guide you through often bumpy transitional phase.

Keep well & healthy.

The journalists love these stories, as they can stir some raw emotions in so many people. Just the other day there was one of a raw vegan YouTuber Yovana Mendoza (Rawvana) caught eating fish:

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2019/mar/26/the-furore-over-the-fish-eating-vegan-influencer-is-a-warning-to-us-all

A universally perfect diet does not exist, as we all have different body constitutions and are undergoing constant changes, affected by our life circumstances, seasons, general metabolic rate, stress levels, etc. 

We can study the general principles of a healthy nutrition and then adapt them to our particular life situation or phase. Certain people can and do thrive on a vegan diet. The mistake is to assume that “If they did it, so can I, all I need to do is stop touching animal products!” A smooth transition between diets takes time, a lot of learning and some patience. I would recommend anybody wanting to optimise their nutrition to find a good nutritionist or naturopath. They will go through your previous/current health history in great detail and will guide you through often bumpy transitional phase.

Keep well & healthy.

Slava Sviridovs, Apr 2, 2019 @ 11:04
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
6 Replies | 921 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form