Login or Sign Up

Global Forums > General > Where to buy Christmas Tree that will last?

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Where to buy Christmas Tree that will last?

Every year I get a tree at Migros or Coop and every year it is dry as a bone and shedding needles long before Christmas (yes, I have the tree holder that has water in the bottom). 

Can anyone recommend somewhere to get a fresh cut tree that might last a bit longer before drying out? Or even a live tree that you rent and return after Chriastmas? 

thanks for your help. 

The text you are quoting:

Every year I get a tree at Migros or Coop and every year it is dry as a bone and shedding needles long before Christmas (yes, I have the tree holder that has water in the bottom). 

Can anyone recommend somewhere to get a fresh cut tree that might last a bit longer before drying out? Or even a live tree that you rent and return after Chriastmas? 

thanks for your help. 

Rowan PDec 2, 2019 @ 16:12
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

7 Replies | 687 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Where to buy Christmas Tree that will last?
Post 1

thanks for your help. 

Dec 2, 19 16:12

I suggest you visit the Schilliger Garden Centre in Gland.

Their wares aren’t cheap but the quality’s good.

Best, R.

I suggest you visit the Schilliger Garden Centre in Gland.

Their wares aren’t cheap but the quality’s good.

Best, R.

Ritchie, Dec 2, 2019 @ 19:19
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2

Also, each year at Christmas, trees are sold by the lake, Quai Gustave-Ador side. You could check them out. I don't know when it starts but it should be relatively soon...

Also, each year at Christmas, trees are sold by the lake, Quai Gustave-Ador side. You could check them out. I don't know when it starts but it should be relatively soon...

Anne-Marie L, Dec 2, 2019 @ 19:39
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3

Dec 2, 19 19:39

This is also a very good suggestion.  However, it’s difficult to park nearby and if you’re wanting a large or even a medium-size tree you’ll be in for quite a walk to an expensive underground car park.

All the best, R.

This is also a very good suggestion.  However, it’s difficult to park nearby and if you’re wanting a large or even a medium-size tree you’ll be in for quite a walk to an expensive underground car park.

All the best, R.

Ritchie, Dec 3, 2019 @ 00:17
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 4

thanks for your help. 

Dec 2, 19 16:12

Hi Rowan, try ecosapin.ch they are great. They deliver and collect the tree and return it to the nursery after christmas, they also offer decoration etc..

BCRover

Hi Rowan, try ecosapin.ch they are great. They deliver and collect the tree and return it to the nursery after christmas, they also offer decoration etc..

BCRover

BCROVER, Dec 3, 2019 @ 11:53
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 5

This is great! thanks for the suggestions everybody! 

This is great! thanks for the suggestions everybody! 

Rowan P, Dec 3, 2019 @ 12:40
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 6

Bought a tree from one of the Ville de Geneve lots at Charmille (listed on the VdG site along with the Quai Gustave-Ador lot, among others). It is up, watered, and decorated.

Will report back after Christmas. 

Bought a tree from one of the Ville de Geneve lots at Charmille (listed on the VdG site along with the Quai Gustave-Ador lot, among others). It is up, watered, and decorated.

Rowan P, Dec 4, 2019 @ 17:17
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 7

Dec 4, 19 17:17

Thanks for the good news update and best wishes for Christmas and the New Year.

R.

Thanks for the good news update and best wishes for Christmas and the New Year.

R.

Ritchie, Dec 4, 2019 @ 19:45
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
7 Replies | 687 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form