Login or Sign Up

Global Forums > General > Which eBike do you recommend?

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Which eBike do you recommend?

Hi,

I'm looking to buy an eBike and thought about the Smart ebike which looks very nice with good performance.

http://www.smart.ch/produits-ebike/12bfd2a1-2244-566e-ac98-c890cbee8d09,fr

I will use to go to work, it's about 7km far away, rather flat.

Who has experience with it and which shop would you recommend?

Any other suggestions? model?

Many thanks in advance to share your own experience.

Cheers, Lapy

The text you are quoting:

Hi,

I'm looking to buy an eBike and thought about the Smart ebike which looks very nice with good performance.

http://www.smart.ch/produits-ebike/12bfd2a1-2244-566e-ac98-c890cbee8d09,fr

I will use to go to work, it's about 7km far away, rather flat.

Who has experience with it and which shop would you recommend?

Any other suggestions? model?

Many thanks in advance to share your own experience.

Cheers, Lapy

loulapoMar 14, 2013 @ 00:23
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

16 Replies | 1929 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Which eBike do you recommend?
Post 1

My wife bought one from M-Way about a month ago, on Rue de Lausanne in Paquis. The brand is Cannondale, and it was relatively expensive (~3000 CHF). 

She was very happy with the shop; they spoke English and offered good advice.  She hasn't really used the bike much yet but seems happy with it. 

My wife bought one from M-Way about a month ago, on Rue de Lausanne in Paquis. The brand is Cannondale, and it was relatively expensive (~3000 CHF). 

She was very happy with the shop; they spoke English and offered good advice.  She hasn't really used the bike much yet but seems happy with it. 

Edward B, Mar 14, 2013 @ 01:41
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2

If you want to compare prices on the French side there's a bike shop at the Val Thoiry shopping centre which has a selection of electric bikes. Note that EU regulations are different from Swiss so all the bikes bought on the French side are limited to 25 km / h.

I've ridden a Giant e-bike and was quite impressed.

If you want to compare prices on the French side there's a bike shop at the Val Thoiry shopping centre which has a selection of electric bikes. Note that EU regulations are different from Swiss so all the bikes bought on the French side are limited to 25 km / h.

I've ridden a Giant e-bike and was quite impressed.

adam_jeff, Mar 14, 2013 @ 09:13
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3

There was a buy club offer some time ago on e-bikes and they had a link to professional reviews of e-bikes. Look it up on the buyclub website, perhaps you can still find the link. 

There was a buy club offer some time ago on e-bikes and they had a link to professional reviews of e-bikes. Look it up on the buyclub website, perhaps you can still find the link. 

martin, Mar 14, 2013 @ 11:27
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 4

Thanks for your replies. 

Buyclub was only for bike.. I'm a bit lazy and prefer an e-bike :-)

I think I'll rent at M-way and then choose which one is the best for me. 

But still if anyone got experience with Smart e-bike I would love to hear it.

Cheers, Lapy

Thanks for your replies. 

Buyclub was only for bike.. I'm a bit lazy and prefer an e-bike :-)

I think I'll rent at M-way and then choose which one is the best for me. 

But still if anyone got experience with Smart e-bike I would love to hear it.

Cheers, Lapy

loulapo, Mar 14, 2013 @ 17:59
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 5

For some reason, the message didn't get through this morning...

Waouh, pretty expensive... For that price, you could still save a lot in commuting price with a standard bike. Furthermore, you won't have to spend/waste money to lock yourself in a gym. Then you won't need to be covered by much insurance either, since with an oldstyle bike, you will drive slightly slower, having a reduced braking distance, and unless you burn some redlights and disrespect traffic rules (like many cyclists in Geneva), will be safer with an old bicycle, than one of this ebike... And last but not least, if you buy an old bike (or even to some extend a new one, at least for the social side), you will make a good deed for the planets. Have you ever wondered where the electricity comes from and what all the good stuffs that are put up together to make the battery are.

If you are still not convinced, among the bicycle shop, this one seemed to have been quite good with all that's ebike stuff... http://www.ecocycle.ch/site/base.php and also one there http://www.flyercentregeneve.ch/ Both seeemed specialized in it... They apparently also have second hand ebike...

Otherwise, there are plenty other in this list from the association provelo. http://www.pro-velo-geneve.ch/index.php?option=com_weblinks&view=category&id=105:magasins-et-vente-par-correspondance

Waouh, pretty expensive... For that price, you could still save a lot in commuting price with a standard bike. Furthermore, you won't have to spend/waste money to lock yourself in a gym. Then you won't need to be covered by much insurance either, since with an oldstyle bike, you will drive slightly slower, having a reduced braking distance, and unless you burn some redlights and disrespect traffic rules (like many cyclists in Geneva), will be safer with an old bicycle, than one of this ebike... And last but not least, if you buy an old bike (or even to some extend a new one, at least for the social side), you will make a good deed for the planets. Have you ever wondered where the electricity comes from and what all the good stuffs that are put up together to make the battery are.

If you are still not convinced, among the bicycle shop, this one seemed to have been quite good with all that's ebike stuff... http://www.ecocycle.ch/site/base.php and also one there http://www.flyercentregeneve.ch/ Both seeemed specialized in it... They apparently also have second hand ebike...

Otherwise, there are plenty other in this list from the association provelo. http://www.pro-velo-geneve.ch/index.php?option=com_weblinks&view=category&id=105:magasins-et-vente-par-correspondance

Joël F, Mar 14, 2013 @ 18:49
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 6

Mar 14, 13 18:49

Joel,

Great idea! He can also get rid of his apartment and sleep outdoors. Then he'll save rent costs, free an apartment for other people who need it more than him, and burn more calories while sleeping in the cold. Plus he'll save money on house-hold insurance. I like this line of thought!

Joel,

Great idea! He can also get rid of his apartment and sleep outdoors. Then he'll save rent costs, free an apartment for other people who need it more than him, and burn more calories while sleeping in the cold. Plus he'll save money on house-hold insurance. I like this line of thought!

Nir Ofek, Mar 14, 2013 @ 21:11
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 7

Loulapo:

We had this BuyClub promotion on eBikes recently, and last summer we had another promo with Watt on their more basic model (Eco). 

I tried Watt bikes and loved it. Plus the design and service are done in Geneva, so if there's an issue you know you'll get a solution.

Loulapo:

We had this BuyClub promotion on eBikes recently, and last summer we had another promo with Watt on their more basic model (Eco). 

I tried Watt bikes and loved it. Plus the design and service are done in Geneva, so if there's an issue you know you'll get a solution.

Nir Ofek, Mar 14, 2013 @ 21:15
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 8

Thanks Nir, I did not find this buyclub deal..  I called one friend "expert user of ebike" and he strongly recommends ebikes from the Flyer www.flyercentregeneve.ch maybe for your next deal?

Anyway, the best is to try them and even it's expensive, it will last for several years and a little bit of sport is better than no sports.

Thanks all for your thoughts.

Thanks Nir, I did not find this buyclub deal..  I called one friend "expert user of ebike" and he strongly recommends ebikes from the Flyer www.flyercentregeneve.ch maybe for your next deal?

Anyway, the best is to try them and even it's expensive, it will last for several years and a little bit of sport is better than no sports.

Thanks all for your thoughts.

loulapo, Mar 14, 2013 @ 22:31
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 9

Hey Loula,

Flyer is a big well-known brand. I'm sure their bikes are good, with good after-sale service.

Nir

Hey Loula,

Flyer is a big well-known brand. I'm sure their bikes are good, with good after-sale service.

Nir

Nir Ofek, Mar 14, 2013 @ 23:40
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 10

I have a friend who is manager and part owner of Wattworld

he will give good discounts, so let me know and I will introduce you to him.

His bikes are eflyers

http://www.wattworld.ch/mobility/Contact?langage=english

also note that the canton or communs give a subside when buying a electric bike, contact your commun for the conditions. Like in Meyrin, if you buy a ebike , it must be like minimum CHF 1,500- but you get a reimbursement of like 300 or 500-

I have a friend who is manager and part owner of Wattworld

he will give good discounts, so let me know and I will introduce you to him.

His bikes are eflyers

http://www.wattworld.ch/mobility/Contact?langage=english

also note that the canton or communs give a subside when buying a electric bike, contact your commun for the conditions. Like in Meyrin, if you buy a ebike , it must be like minimum CHF 1,500- but you get a reimbursement of like 300 or 500-

Dave G, Mar 15, 2013 @ 10:20
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 11

Thanks Dave, 

I've 500chf of subside for a new ebike bought in GVA that's why I'm looking for one. I need to try them first because they all have different behviour on the road depending on who drives.. I'm not so clumsy but I don't need to speed that much too :-)

So, if someone else wants a watt ebike, he can contact you. Better than a buyclub ?! :-)

Have a good day.

Thanks Dave, 

I've 500chf of subside for a new ebike bought in GVA that's why I'm looking for one. I need to try them first because they all have different behviour on the road depending on who drives.. I'm not so clumsy but I don't need to speed that much too :-)

So, if someone else wants a watt ebike, he can contact you. Better than a buyclub ?! :-)

Have a good day.

loulapo, Mar 15, 2013 @ 10:58
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 12

Oh!!! I missed my chance to help you . Any way good luck !!! Sorry for my late reply dude !!Cool

Oh!!! I missed my chance to help you . Any way good luck !!! Sorry for my late reply dude !!Cool

5star s, Mar 21, 2013 @ 12:08
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 13

Hi, I went to M-Way shop (rue de Lausanne) and they let me try bikes with different battery to know the feelings. 

And it's really different! To be good for a while, I choose the one they recommend me first (bosch battery). A bit expensive but I think worth it as full accessoiries included.

Now, I've only to wait until mid-May to receive my bike.

I can have the state subside of chf 500; for this you have to buy it in Geneva county and price over chf 1500 and keep it for 2 years at least. Check with your cityhall.

Thanks for your comments.

Cheers,

Lapy

Hi, I went to M-Way shop (rue de Lausanne) and they let me try bikes with different battery to know the feelings. 

And it's really different! To be good for a while, I choose the one they recommend me first (bosch battery). A bit expensive but I think worth it as full accessoiries included.

Now, I've only to wait until mid-May to receive my bike.

I can have the state subside of chf 500; for this you have to buy it in Geneva county and price over chf 1500 and keep it for 2 years at least. Check with your cityhall.

Thanks for your comments.

Cheers,

Lapy

loulapo, Apr 15, 2013 @ 13:57
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 14

Hi ! Have a look at the Corratec RS 150 45km/h on Chebike Swiss website

Graz M, Jan 27, 2018 @ 15:58
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 15

Jan 27, 18 15:58

Maybe you should also look at the date of this thread.

Maybe you should also look at the date of this thread.

Ritchie, Jan 27, 2018 @ 19:21
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 16

I recommend Flyer, they're expensive, but the quality is there. In my experience, cheaper ones (like we find in Jumbo, Ochsner, WattWorld etc) are not up to par if you're expecting to get a lot of use out of it.

I recommend Flyer, they're expensive, but the quality is there. In my experience, cheaper ones (like we find in Jumbo, Ochsner, WattWorld etc) are not up to par if you're expecting to get a lot of use out of it.

Franc P, Feb 14, 2018 @ 16:03
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
16 Replies | 1929 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form