Login or Sign Up

Global Forums > General > am i the only one struggling to keep my parents at home?

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
am i the only one struggling to keep my parents at home?

I definitely having a hard time ????

The text you are quoting:

I definitely having a hard time ????

Sil BMar 22, 2020 @ 17:22
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

2 Replies | 701 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: am i the only one struggling to keep my parents at home?
Post 1

No, you are not the only one. Unfortunately there are still many people, old or in other risk groups, who do not follow the strong recommendation to stay at home. Very sad. It looks like until it becomes enforced by law people are not willing to give up some of their individual freedom for a greater good.

No, you are not the only one. Unfortunately there are still many people, old or in other risk groups, who do not follow the strong recommendation to stay at home. Very sad. It looks like until it becomes enforced by law people are not willing to give up some of their individual freedom for a greater good.

ajimenezp, Mar 24, 2020 @ 09:26
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Re: am i the only one struggling to keep my parents at home?
Post 2

I am afraid my daughter has the same problem with me.  Aged 74 I have more or less entered into voluntary self quarantine but the main reason is that if I go out for a bike ride and fall off it and end up in hospital and am wasting the valuable time of the health service.  I am very good at social distancing - a quick cough if people are too close has people running.  In general I am not going out and will not do so until I see that the peak has passed.  I have already decided that I will not propose any hikes even in the Geneva canton until end May.  The recommendations are stay at home but this does not prevent elderly people from going out from time to time and this is accepted by the authorities.  It is approaching people which is discouraged.  I go to the post box, I go to the local Migros with my daughter but she goes inside; I touch nothing with my hands; in fact there is no reson why I should not mgo into the local Migros; only 35 people at a time are allowed in and distancing in the queue is marked at 2 metres; hand sanitisers are forced on you goign in and out.  Iwaited outside about 10 metzres from the entrance and people started queing behind me. I had to tell them I was not waiting and moved further away.  So we can go out but sensibly - even so I am mainly indoors and not at all bored.  If I start wrting this year's £Christmas cards I will ask for counselling

I am afraid my daughter has the same problem with me.  Aged 74 I have more or less entered into voluntary self quarantine but the main reason is that if I go out for a bike ride and fall off it and end up in hospital and am wasting the valuable time of the health service.  I am very good at social distancing - a quick cough if people are too close has people running.  In general I am not going out and will not do so until I see that the peak has passed.  I have already decided that I will not propose any hikes even in the Geneva canton until end May.  The recommendations are stay at home but this does not prevent elderly people from going out from time to time and this is accepted by the authorities.  It is approaching people which is discouraged.  I go to the post box, I go to the local Migros with my daughter but she goes inside; I touch nothing with my hands; in fact there is no reson why I should not mgo into the local Migros; only 35 people at a time are allowed in and distancing in the queue is marked at 2 metres; hand sanitisers are forced on you goign in and out.  Iwaited outside about 10 metzres from the entrance and people started queing behind me. I had to tell them I was not waiting and moved further away.  So we can go out but sensibly - even so I am mainly indoors and not at all bored.  If I start wrting this year's £Christmas cards I will ask for counselling

Paul E, Mar 25, 2020 @ 19:06
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
2 Replies | 701 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form