Login or Sign Up

Global Forums > General > legal support for independants

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
legal support for independants

Is there any legal support from Etat de Geneva for independants that needs to issue a legal case to the tribunal in Geneva against a middle sized company that refueses to pay an invoice? (apart from pernamence jurdique)

The text you are quoting:

Is there any legal support from Etat de Geneva for independants that needs to issue a legal case to the tribunal in Geneva against a middle sized company that refueses to pay an invoice? (apart from pernamence jurdique)

Kris ROct 18, 2019 @ 19:14
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

4 Replies | 576 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: legal support for independants
Post 1

Have you tried the Office des Poursuites?

Have you tried the Office des Poursuites?

Anne-Marie L, Oct 19, 2019 @ 16:14
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2

thanks Anne-Marie. That's actually my next step, but as far as I heard a company can just refuse to pay to OdP and the case is closed. That is why I would I like to predict the 2nd step.

thanks Anne-Marie. That's actually my next step, but as far as I heard a company can just refuse to pay to OdP and the case is closed. That is why I would I like to predict the 2nd step.

Kris R, Oct 19, 2019 @ 21:49
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3

Hi Kris, 

If the debtor refuses to pay during the first step of the enforcement procedure (“poursuite”) by means of an “opposition”, the case is by far not closed. Then however you’ll have to go to court and prove your claim. 

Did you already inform the debtor that you are going to start the enforcement procedure? A reputable business would not like to have such a case mentioned in the publicly accessible enforcement registry and react to your payment request beforehand. 

Regards 

Andre

Hi Kris, 

If the debtor refuses to pay during the first step of the enforcement procedure (“poursuite”) by means of an “opposition”, the case is by far not closed. Then however you’ll have to go to court and prove your claim. 

Did you already inform the debtor that you are going to start the enforcement procedure? A reputable business would not like to have such a case mentioned in the publicly accessible enforcement registry and react to your payment request beforehand. 

Regards 

Andre

André Graf, Oct 21, 2019 @ 10:12
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 4

Dear Andre,

many thanks for your tip. Indeed, I visited today Office de Poursuite, Palais de Justice et Centre de Mediation. They admit that putting a company on the list of "poursuite" can persuade them to pay. I think I'll go with this option, but first, like you proposed, inform the company about what I am planning to do.

Dear Andre,

many thanks for your tip. Indeed, I visited today Office de Poursuite, Palais de Justice et Centre de Mediation. They admit that putting a company on the list of "poursuite" can persuade them to pay. I think I'll go with this option, but first, like you proposed, inform the company about what I am planning to do.

Kris R, Oct 21, 2019 @ 14:33
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
4 Replies | 576 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form