Login or Sign Up

Global Forums > General > looking for professional level photography course in Geneva, Nyon or maybe even Lausanne.

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
looking for professional level photography course in Geneva, Nyon or maybe even Lausanne.

Hi All,

after literally hours of searches online, I can only find photography courses for beginners that are hobby courses. What I really want is to know which courses are there in Geneva, Nyon or Lausanne that are for becoming a professional photographer, and also, what qualifications/regulations or memberships are required in Switz for this field?

Preferably an intensive 1 yr course (French or English), so no 4yr degrees.

Thanks in advance!

Heather

The text you are quoting:

Hi All,

after literally hours of searches online, I can only find photography courses for beginners that are hobby courses. What I really want is to know which courses are there in Geneva, Nyon or Lausanne that are for becoming a professional photographer, and also, what qualifications/regulations or memberships are required in Switz for this field?

Preferably an intensive 1 yr course (French or English), so no 4yr degrees.

Thanks in advance!

Heather

Heather EJul 6, 2015 @ 22:04
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

6 Replies | 1356 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: looking for professional level photography course in Geneva, Nyon or maybe even Lausanne.
Post 1

Thanks David,

I'll give that a go and see what he says.

Heather

Thanks David,

I'll give that a go and see what he says.

Heather

Heather E, Jul 7, 2015 @ 21:35
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Re: looking for professional level photography course in Geneva, Nyon or maybe even Lausanne.
Post 2

Hi Heather,

Not sure if you have looked into this, but it might be worth contacting the universitites in/around Geneva/Lausanne. I know that Cite Bleue has some photography courses, but not sure if they offer a full-on degree (though they may offer pro-level individual courses).

Hi Heather,

Not sure if you have looked into this, but it might be worth contacting the universitites in/around Geneva/Lausanne. I know that Cite Bleue has some photography courses, but not sure if they offer a full-on degree (though they may offer pro-level individual courses).

Steve A, Jul 8, 2015 @ 14:01
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3

BTW, Oliver also has tailor-made individual courses, so that might be something worth asking him about.

BTW, Oliver also has tailor-made individual courses, so that might be something worth asking him about.

Steve A, Jul 8, 2015 @ 16:14
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 4

Hi Steve,

it's really weird but they're not advertising any courses on their website at all!? So I'll contact them to see what they do, and if there's anything for a 1 yr duration as I don't have time for a 4yr degree.

thanks

Heather

Hi Steve,

it's really weird but they're not advertising any courses on their website at all!? So I'll contact them to see what they do, and if there's anything for a 1 yr duration as I don't have time for a 4yr degree.

thanks

Heather

Heather E, Jul 8, 2015 @ 19:34
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 5

Hello Heather, unfortunately, it doesn't exist. The Vevey school last for four years.... The best way would be to work for an established photographer.... I guess

Best regards

Flavio Lucchesi

Hello Heather, unfortunately, it doesn't exist. The Vevey school last for four years.... The best way would be to work for an established photographer.... I guess

Best regards

Flavio Lucchesi

Flavio Lucchesi, Aug 22, 2017 @ 08:35
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 6

Heather’s post dates back to 2015 so let’s hope she was able to find a solution in the meantime.

Heather’s post dates back to 2015 so let’s hope she was able to find a solution in the meantime.

Ritchie, Aug 22, 2017 @ 12:01
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
6 Replies | 1356 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form