Login or Sign Up

Global Forums > General > mac or pc, what do you use?

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
mac or pc, what do you use?
hi, i got myself a mac last week and i am very happy with it, so i wonder what kind of computer do you use and are you happy with it.
only thing i have to stop is petting my mac. LOL

The text you are quoting:
hi, i got myself a mac last week and i am very happy with it, so i wonder what kind of computer do you use and are you happy with it.
only thing i have to stop is petting my mac. LOL

Mister_SarkNov 29, 2005 @ 17:20
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

9 Replies | 1123 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: mac or pc, what do you use?
Post 1
Macs look great, but need mozilla to chat on GOL.
PCs look like sh*t (except Sony Vaios) but u can chat on GOL.

Mac's have lots of value meals, and u can always super-size...
PCs???? nah.

In conclusion, I think the best Macs r the ones u buy with ur husband's card, no Ulli? ; )

Macs look great, but need mozilla to chat on GOL.
PCs look like sh*t (except Sony Vaios) but u can chat on GOL.

Mac's have lots of value meals, and u can always super-size...
PCs???? nah.

In conclusion, I think the best Macs r the ones u buy with ur husband's card, no Ulli? ; )

Tigger, Nov 30, 2005 @ 11:38
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2
I use an Ibook and I really like it. If you want to chat in GOL you need to install explorer though. But it is just after you use safari (the brownser on the Mac) that you see the difference.

About the OS, I think that after OSX there are no more excuses (ok, ok, the price). It is more user friendly than windows, and I am sorry guys but is VIRUS FREE.

Looking forward to buy a new powerbook.
I use an Ibook and I really like it. If you want to chat in GOL you need to install explorer though. But it is just after you use safari (the brownser on the Mac) that you see the difference.

About the OS, I think that after OSX there are no more excuses (ok, ok, the price). It is more user friendly than windows, and I am sorry guys but is VIRUS FREE.

Looking forward to buy a new powerbook.
zenbrain, Nov 30, 2005 @ 17:34
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3
a bit like the original gozilla in the original Japanese series : )
a bit like the original gozilla in the original Japanese series : )
Tigger, Dec 1, 2005 @ 16:23
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 4
... is it one of this crappy black box, bugging every other mn, that needs to be shut/shot down (depends on the mood) after every single use (means almost every 10 mn), the things that crash far more and are much slower than Macs...

ahhh... I kinda remember now... how often they PISSED me off

lol
... is it one of this crappy black box, bugging every other mn, that needs to be shut/shot down (depends on the mood) after every single use (means almost every 10 mn), the things that crash far more and are much slower than Macs...

ahhh... I kinda remember now... how often they PISSED me off

lol
Phoebe, Dec 2, 2005 @ 01:36
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 5
Chiming in as a dedicated Mac user, after having purchased a 14 inch ibook this summer (yay!) two months before the revised version was released (boo!).

I love this thing, though, in any case, and will wait a couple of years before trading it in, by which time I can perhaps afford my dream Powerbook.

Macs rock!

(This is also my first post on GOL... lol. That's how much I love Apple.)
Chiming in as a dedicated Mac user, after having purchased a 14 inch ibook this summer (yay!) two months before the revised version was released (boo!).

I love this thing, though, in any case, and will wait a couple of years before trading it in, by which time I can perhaps afford my dream Powerbook.

Macs rock!

(This is also my first post on GOL... lol. That's how much I love Apple.)
afrochick, Dec 2, 2005 @ 19:24
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 6
Hm, to represent what seems as minority..PC loaded with Debian Linux!

I got PCs everywhere, and thanks to ssh and Internet, I'm able to control computers in Spain (or in Argentina) from my bed (something average Windows user cannot even dream of).

As Mac OS X is Unix based OS, I'll be able to do same with Mac..plus I get nice design. I considered Mac when I was looking for replacement of my noisy Umax book (sometimes it makes same noise as airplane on take-off - I cannot understand who at the hell can invent such bad heat-dispersion design), but as I develop mostly on Intel platform..I stay on Intel.

As soon as Intel Macs will be on market with reasonable price tag, I'll get one. Most probably I'll replace OS X with Debian Linux, but I'll see.

Windows sucks, Unix rocks (something even big Redmont-based marketing giant admin - with their recent talks to introduce Unix stability to Windows word..he he:))
Hm, to represent what seems as minority..PC loaded with Debian Linux!

I got PCs everywhere, and thanks to ssh and Internet, I'm able to control computers in Spain (or in Argentina) from my bed (something average Windows user cannot even dream of).

As Mac OS X is Unix based OS, I'll be able to do same with Mac..plus I get nice design. I considered Mac when I was looking for replacement of my noisy Umax book (sometimes it makes same noise as airplane on take-off - I cannot understand who at the hell can invent such bad heat-dispersion design), but as I develop mostly on Intel platform..I stay on Intel.

As soon as Intel Macs will be on market with reasonable price tag, I'll get one. Most probably I'll replace OS X with Debian Linux, but I'll see.

Windows sucks, Unix rocks (something even big Redmont-based marketing giant admin - with their recent talks to introduce Unix stability to Windows word..he he:))
Skubanek, Dec 7, 2005 @ 01:49
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
9 Replies | 1123 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form