Login or Sign Up

Global Forums > General > on Anonimous Flower and blind dates

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
on Anonimous Flower and blind dates
GOL crowd I need to share this with you. A friend of mine (and it's really a friend of mine, so stop gossiping right now!) received 2 days ago a huge bunch of red roses delivered in the office. The message didn't say much about the sender. It was printed, v.formal and was "booking" her for a dinner on Valentine's day.
The poor (or lucky) girl tried to hide it, but give the place where she works ... it's almost impossible and so we (friends) have been wondering since then: Isn't it the most romantic thing to do? is it "too much old style" ... is it ...

What do you think??

Valentina
The text you are quoting:
GOL crowd I need to share this with you. A friend of mine (and it's really a friend of mine, so stop gossiping right now!) received 2 days ago a huge bunch of red roses delivered in the office. The message didn't say much about the sender. It was printed, v.formal and was "booking" her for a dinner on Valentine's day.
The poor (or lucky) girl tried to hide it, but give the place where she works ... it's almost impossible and so we (friends) have been wondering since then: Isn't it the most romantic thing to do? is it "too much old style" ... is it ...

What do you think??

Valentina
HoilingFeb 12, 2006 @ 14:44
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

5 Replies | 1152 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: on Anonimous Flower and blind dates
Post 1
Well what do you think Val? Is it too old style? If you say yes, than I have to put you in the "Romantism is Dead" crowd :-) Is romantism dead Val? Or are pyschopaths alive? :-)

In any case, good luck with your anonymous Shakespeare or "number one fan" guy :-)

Well what do you think Val? Is it too old style? If you say yes, than I have to put you in the "Romantism is Dead" crowd :-) Is romantism dead Val? Or are pyschopaths alive? :-)

In any case, good luck with your anonymous Shakespeare or "number one fan" guy :-)

pntbreakrick, Feb 12, 2006 @ 20:25
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2
And I don't think it's too much old style, I'd love to get those myself (and Valentine's is my Name's day, big deal in italy...so guys .. I count on u) but I also think that in today's world maybe giving a hint on who's sending them could help. I am not sure I'd personally turn up to a complete blind date ...

but that's me
Val - Romanticism is NOT dead ... just need to be revised.

And I don't think it's too much old style, I'd love to get those myself (and Valentine's is my Name's day, big deal in italy...so guys .. I count on u) but I also think that in today's world maybe giving a hint on who's sending them could help. I am not sure I'd personally turn up to a complete blind date ...

but that's me
Val - Romanticism is NOT dead ... just need to be revised.

Hoiling, Feb 12, 2006 @ 23:34
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3
yeah I truly beleive romanticism is not dead. I also had nice and weird experience with flower-delivering ... thou I never received anonimous flower (well I do on Valentine's day but that's because it's my name's day and my friend send me flowers and forget to put a note) ...
... and yep see u at the DBC ... I am also coming - still single unless prince charming ring my door bell tomorrow (and working with statistic I know the chances of that happening).
Let's hope this guy that sent the flower to my friend is not a jerk (but I have a positive feeling he won't be) nor her ex boyfriend.

if she allows me ... will keep u posted.
P.S. what about going dancing after the DBC??

Val
yeah I truly beleive romanticism is not dead. I also had nice and weird experience with flower-delivering ... thou I never received anonimous flower (well I do on Valentine's day but that's because it's my name's day and my friend send me flowers and forget to put a note) ...
... and yep see u at the DBC ... I am also coming - still single unless prince charming ring my door bell tomorrow (and working with statistic I know the chances of that happening).
Let's hope this guy that sent the flower to my friend is not a jerk (but I have a positive feeling he won't be) nor her ex boyfriend.

if she allows me ... will keep u posted.
P.S. what about going dancing after the DBC??

Val

Hoiling, Feb 13, 2006 @ 00:34
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 4
isn't the most obvious one?? We were just discussing this with my friend yesterday ... and we agreed that it the lamest ever! Everyone must know by know what it means ... thou she was saying that's even better cause if u really want to get out of a crappy blind date u might want to let the other know that u really are not interested ...and the sms excuse works fine for that ...

What do you think?
Val - enjoyinh this Valentine's stress of my friends very much, cause I have something to celebrate anyway!!

isn't the most obvious one?? We were just discussing this with my friend yesterday ... and we agreed that it the lamest ever! Everyone must know by know what it means ... thou she was saying that's even better cause if u really want to get out of a crappy blind date u might want to let the other know that u really are not interested ...and the sms excuse works fine for that ...

What do you think?
Val - enjoyinh this Valentine's stress of my friends very much, cause I have something to celebrate anyway!!

Hoiling, Feb 13, 2006 @ 14:16
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
5 Replies | 1152 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form