Login or Sign Up

Global Forums > General > problem with Amazon

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
problem with Amazon

I returned a product that I ordered from Amazon Germany as it came damaged. The seller ignores my messages so Amazon, acc. to A to Z guarantee, offered me full reimboursement of my costs: customs and return costs, around CHF230.So far, Amazon did not follow up on 6 deadlines until when I should receive the reimbursement.

Anyone with a simialar experience? Are they really reimbourse people finally or they just try to get rid of you?

The text you are quoting:

I returned a product that I ordered from Amazon Germany as it came damaged. The seller ignores my messages so Amazon, acc. to A to Z guarantee, offered me full reimboursement of my costs: customs and return costs, around CHF230.So far, Amazon did not follow up on 6 deadlines until when I should receive the reimbursement.

Anyone with a simialar experience? Are they really reimbourse people finally or they just try to get rid of you?

Kris RFeb 3, 2020 @ 08:49
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

8 Replies | 1329 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: problem with Amazon
Post 1

Did you order directly from Amazon, or did you buy from a different vendor in the marketplace? I found that some of the vendors don't have very good customer service ... Once I had an issue with an item I ordered that arrived veery late. In the end it arrived, but the seller was not even able to provide a link for tracking the parcel, despite my repeated asking for it.

Did you order directly from Amazon, or did you buy from a different vendor in the marketplace? I found that some of the vendors don't have very good customer service ... Once I had an issue with an item I ordered that arrived veery late. In the end it arrived, but the seller was not even able to provide a link for tracking the parcel, despite my repeated asking for it.

ajimenezp, Feb 3, 2020 @ 23:03
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2

A vendor in Amazon's marketplace. Indeed the vendor's customer service is awful, but Amazon's one also leaves a lot to wish. ..

A vendor in Amazon's marketplace. Indeed the vendor's customer service is awful, but Amazon's one also leaves a lot to wish. ..

Kris R, Feb 4, 2020 @ 23:20
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3

Regarding above I am thinking to pay a fee and become a member of Féderation romande des consommateurs. 

Anyone has experience with them or any other consumer defense organisation in Switzerland? Are they good?

Regarding above I am thinking to pay a fee and become a member of Féderation romande des consommateurs. 

Anyone has experience with them or any other consumer defense organisation in Switzerland? Are they good?

Kris R, Feb 8, 2020 @ 23:26
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 4

If you stay in Geneva, it is much easier to buy at amazon.fr, use a french address to receive the shipment (shop, post office) and return it from the same place if needed (french post office).

If you stay in Geneva, it is much easier to buy at amazon.fr, use a french address to receive the shipment (shop, post office) and return it from the same place if needed (french post office).

Nicky G, Feb 9, 2020 @ 19:40
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 5

Fair remark Nicky, I did that couple of times until I learnt that only Amazon in Germany decreases the most of prouducts' prices by VAT. And the product I ordered was only in Germany anyway. 

I'd be glad still to hear some proposals how to get my money back....

Fair remark Nicky, I did that couple of times until I learnt that only Amazon in Germany decreases the most of prouducts' prices by VAT. And the product I ordered was only in Germany anyway. 

I'd be glad still to hear some proposals how to get my money back....

Kris R, Feb 9, 2020 @ 22:31
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 6

Can you buy VAT free on amazon.de ? 

You mean as a company ?

You mean as a company ?

Nicky G, Feb 10, 2020 @ 12:00
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 7

You mean as a company ?

Feb 10, 20 12:00

Yes and as a private person, but sometimes you pay customs. And as you can see from my example, there are HUGE problems with warranty and return.

Amazon in DE gives you theoratically a A to Z gurantee for return if a product arrived damaged to you, but until today I have not got anything . So I am CHF240 on minus for this return of damaged product, Amazon does not follow up on what they claim in emails and FRC said I cannot get this back :(

Yes and as a private person, but sometimes you pay customs. And as you can see from my example, there are HUGE problems with warranty and return.

Amazon in DE gives you theoratically a A to Z gurantee for return if a product arrived damaged to you, but until today I have not got anything . So I am CHF240 on minus for this return of damaged product, Amazon does not follow up on what they claim in emails and FRC said I cannot get this back :(

Kris R, Feb 10, 2020 @ 15:26
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 8

Quick question regarding the case above. I put a negative review for the seller on Amazon and the seller writes me that :

1. If within 7 days I won't delete it, there will charge me with a lawsuit (even if I have proofs in form of our email communication that my review is reasonable). 

2. He threated me that he will put a negative comment on my 2 businesses, a boxing club and VBA programming company, even if he has never been my client! (again proof in form of email)

3. Of course he is still refusing to pay back my costs for sending back the product and customs.

I think that spefically 2. is punished by law, right?

Quick question regarding the case above. I put a negative review for the seller on Amazon and the seller writes me that :

1. If within 7 days I won't delete it, there will charge me with a lawsuit (even if I have proofs in form of our email communication that my review is reasonable). 

2. He threated me that he will put a negative comment on my 2 businesses, a boxing club and VBA programming company, even if he has never been my client! (again proof in form of email)

3. Of course he is still refusing to pay back my costs for sending back the product and customs.

I think that spefically 2. is punished by law, right?

Kris R, Feb 13, 2020 @ 13:11
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
8 Replies | 1329 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form