Login or Sign Up

Global Forums > General > receiving small parcels by DHL

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
receiving small parcels by DHL

Hello,

Has anyone had experience receiving from parcels here, sent internationally by DHL/Fedex? What were customs fees like? Also how about a bigger package such as a small suitcase of personal items that are used?

Many thanks

The text you are quoting:

Hello,

Has anyone had experience receiving from parcels here, sent internationally by DHL/Fedex? What were customs fees like? Also how about a bigger package such as a small suitcase of personal items that are used?

Many thanks

monalee gibbsOct 28, 2020 @ 05:24
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

7 Replies | 1062 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: receiving small parcels by DHL
Post 1

Morning,

I send and receive parcels as part of my job, with various carriers. What you're asking depends on a lot of factors, and the current situation is also quite difficult in terms of predicting how the parcel will get to you. Both carriers and customs are under pressure, what with the number of parcels to process.

Customs might charge VAT, the price depends on the stated value of the contents and whether customs think this value is a reasonable estimate. As for bulky items, you might get a slip to retrieve it at a local post office, even if it is a DHL carried item.

So I'm afraid there isnt much certainty. What is good with DHL is that they have an office at the airport that you can go pick up an item at if needed or go for advice. 

Morning,

I send and receive parcels as part of my job, with various carriers. What you're asking depends on a lot of factors, and the current situation is also quite difficult in terms of predicting how the parcel will get to you. Both carriers and customs are under pressure, what with the number of parcels to process.

Customs might charge VAT, the price depends on the stated value of the contents and whether customs think this value is a reasonable estimate. As for bulky items, you might get a slip to retrieve it at a local post office, even if it is a DHL carried item.

So I'm afraid there isnt much certainty. What is good with DHL is that they have an office at the airport that you can go pick up an item at if needed or go for advice. 

Francois F, Oct 28, 2020 @ 09:23
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2

Thank you Francois.

Thank you Francois.

monalee gibbs, Oct 28, 2020 @ 19:18
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3

DHL is shipping 6 of my boxes and 2 suitcases from London to Geneva, it is taking 3 working days from a storage to my flat. Will let you know next week if things got broken.  Despite the covid, DHL is running as normal. 

DHL is shipping 6 of my boxes and 2 suitcases from London to Geneva, it is taking 3 working days from a storage to my flat. Will let you know next week if things got broken.  Despite the covid, DHL is running as normal. 

Cerise, Oct 30, 2020 @ 15:05
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 4

Watch out for DHL, as they are very hard with paying back for customs if you have to return a product. I had a bad experience

Watch out for DHL, as they are very hard with paying back for customs if you have to return a product. I had a bad experience

Kris R, Nov 6, 2020 @ 20:46
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 5

DHL is the carrier you need to avoid at all costs. They charge you for processing the csutoms, on top of the customs fee itself. It has been a nightmare to contact them, in all the instances.

DHL is the carrier you need to avoid at all costs. They charge you for processing the csutoms, on top of the customs fee itself. It has been a nightmare to contact them, in all the instances.

Harsha P, Nov 6, 2020 @ 22:41
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 6

DHL gave me a hard time this week. Rather disapointing, DHL in other countries are better.

The driver refused to take my 6 boxes and suitecase to the entrance of my flat on the ist floor and 1 suitcase  I got delivered 3 days later after calling them twince a day. They are short in staff too while numerous people are availalbe for work. I asked for a refund and they refused..... 

DHL gave me a hard time this week. Rather disapointing, DHL in other countries are better.

The driver refused to take my 6 boxes and suitecase to the entrance of my flat on the ist floor and 1 suitcase  I got delivered 3 days later after calling them twince a day. They are short in staff too while numerous people are availalbe for work. I asked for a refund and they refused..... 

Cerise, Nov 7, 2020 @ 10:32
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 7

Brexit.... Shipping companies such as Sendmybag.com will be suspended from the 23rd of December until the 11th of January. If you have to ship things in/out of the UK do it now! (Nothing to do with the covid.)

Some shipping companies in the UK use DHL....

Brexit.... Shipping companies such as Sendmybag.com will be suspended from the 23rd of December until the 11th of January. If you have to ship things in/out of the UK do it now! (Nothing to do with the covid.)

Some shipping companies in the UK use DHL....

Cerise, Dec 9, 2020 @ 15:20
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
7 Replies | 1062 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form