Login or Sign Up

Global Forums > General > sharing a flat

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
sharing a flat

Hi, I want to share my 2 pieces with a person or 2. How does it look to add a new person to an appartment? I believe that you need a regie's permission, but do you need any additional formalities and do you pay more for a rent in that case?

The text you are quoting:

Hi, I want to share my 2 pieces with a person or 2. How does it look to add a new person to an appartment? I believe that you need a regie's permission, but do you need any additional formalities and do you pay more for a rent in that case?

Kris RMay 20, 2020 @ 15:57
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

7 Replies | 930 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: sharing a flat
Post 1

Yes, permission from the Regie is usually required. The prospect lodger needs to have his local papers in order. Do not change the "bail" (apartment contract) otherwise the rent might be increased. Renting out a room and sharing an apartment are different. Ensure you have thr rights documented as an agreement. In my experience someone renting a room assumes that means complete access to everything in the apartment. That cannot be. Good luck!

Yes, permission from the Regie is usually required. The prospect lodger needs to have his local papers in order. Do not change the "bail" (apartment contract) otherwise the rent might be increased. Renting out a room and sharing an apartment are different. Ensure you have thr rights documented as an agreement. In my experience someone renting a room assumes that means complete access to everything in the apartment. That cannot be. Good luck!

Bunnysan, May 22, 2020 @ 01:57
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2

Many thanks. In my case that would be giving a room with access to kitchen and bathroom. 

So if I understand correctly, if I want to avoid additional costs, I need to say to Regie I share an appartment?

Many thanks. In my case that would be giving a room with access to kitchen and bathroom. 

So if I understand correctly, if I want to avoid additional costs, I need to say to Regie I share an appartment?

Kris R, May 22, 2020 @ 16:08
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3

I suggest you inform the Regie but state merely that a friend will be living with you. I wouldn't mention anything about money.  They might ask you for his name and a photocopy of his resident permit. 

I suggest you inform the Regie but state merely that a friend will be living with you. I wouldn't mention anything about money.  They might ask you for his name and a photocopy of his resident permit. 

Bunnysan, May 22, 2020 @ 19:50
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 4

May 22, 20 16:08

How big is your apartment ?  How many rooms do you have?

Size can be an important feature in sub-letting or sharing negotiations.

How big is your apartment ?  How many rooms do you have?

Size can be an important feature in sub-letting or sharing negotiations.

Ritchie, May 22, 2020 @ 21:05
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 5

Hi Ritchie, 30 square meters for 1 person to use

Hi Ritchie, 30 square meters for 1 person to use

Kris R, May 22, 2020 @ 21:18
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 6

Hi Kris,
Do you still search a roommate, I know someone may be interested in. What street is it on?
Thanks in advance.

Hi Kris,
Do you still search a roommate, I know someone may be interested in. What street is it on?
Thanks in advance.

Sonia B, Jun 4, 2020 @ 16:15
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 7

In the final effect for the moment I do a sublet until end of July or August. If he or she is interested, she can PM me.

In the final effect for the moment I do a sublet until end of July or August. If he or she is interested, she can PM me.

Kris R, Jun 4, 2020 @ 18:20
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
7 Replies | 930 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form