Login or Sign Up

Forums in Geneva > Geneva > A Geneva-Online ski & snowboard weekend is being planned!!!

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
A Geneva-Online ski & snowboard weekend is being planned!!!
Hi Violetmoon, I am very pleased to say that a nice group of Geneva-Online members are all planning a ski and snowboard weekend on 21-22 January. The event will be held in Verbier which is approximately 2 hours from Geneva. It is a great resort and whilst it is easy to come just for the day, most people will come for the weekend. Many of the participants are beginners and we will hire a professional instructor for a 3 hour GOL group lesson so that all the beginners can learn the basics together. Preparations actually start this Saturday (17 Dec) with a group of us meeting up in to go shopping for ski-wear together! I hope this helps and a message with full details of the ski weekend will be posted on this website soon! Hope to see everyone on the slopes this season! Best wishes, Phil
The text you are quoting:
Hi Violetmoon, I am very pleased to say that a nice group of Geneva-Online members are all planning a ski and snowboard weekend on 21-22 January. The event will be held in Verbier which is approximately 2 hours from Geneva. It is a great resort and whilst it is easy to come just for the day, most people will come for the weekend. Many of the participants are beginners and we will hire a professional instructor for a 3 hour GOL group lesson so that all the beginners can learn the basics together. Preparations actually start this Saturday (17 Dec) with a group of us meeting up in to go shopping for ski-wear together! I hope this helps and a message with full details of the ski weekend will be posted on this website soon! Hope to see everyone on the slopes this season! Best wishes, Phil
philDec 14, 2005 @ 11:24
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

10 Replies | 1215 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: A Geneva-Online ski & snowboard weekend is being planned!!!
Post 1
I am in too! Phil, when is the ski weekend?
I am in too! Phil, when is the ski weekend?
Nir Ofek, Dec 14, 2005 @ 18:14
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2
You can't be, after 6+ years of living here. What else is there to do in the winter ?
You can't be, after 6+ years of living here. What else is there to do in the winter ?
Nottm_Lass, Dec 14, 2005 @ 18:39
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3
that is true.

but i am a snow board beginner. spent the last seasons skiing, and this year am moving to boards.

Emster, give me a call re you know what.

Nir
that is true.

but i am a snow board beginner. spent the last seasons skiing, and this year am moving to boards.

Emster, give me a call re you know what.

Nir
Nir Ofek, Dec 15, 2005 @ 03:55
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 4
Hey Phil,
like i told u, my trip is cancelled and so i'll b here for that weekend!!
Cant wait to fall over, freeze my little tush off, and the apre ski..
; )
Hey Phil,
like i told u, my trip is cancelled and so i'll b here for that weekend!!
Cant wait to fall over, freeze my little tush off, and the apre ski..
; )
Tigger, Dec 15, 2005 @ 14:35
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 5
Hi Everyone, thank you for such a positive response! I am very much looking forward to seeing you all in Verbier on 21-22 January for the GOL ski and snowboard weekend! We will cater for ALL abilities, anything from beginner to experienced skiers and snowboarders! Since all the beginners wish to learn how to snowboard we will hire a professional snowboard instructor for a group GOL lesson on the first day. (If anyone needs a ski lesson instead then please let me know). I will post another message here very soon with all the details about meeting times, meeting places, travel options, accomadation options, apres-ski entertainment, equipment rental, clothing requirements and ski-pass costs. Thanks again for your kind support and I cannot wait to see you all on the slopes!
Hi Everyone, thank you for such a positive response! I am very much looking forward to seeing you all in Verbier on 21-22 January for the GOL ski and snowboard weekend! We will cater for ALL abilities, anything from beginner to experienced skiers and snowboarders! Since all the beginners wish to learn how to snowboard we will hire a professional snowboard instructor for a group GOL lesson on the first day. (If anyone needs a ski lesson instead then please let me know). I will post another message here very soon with all the details about meeting times, meeting places, travel options, accomadation options, apres-ski entertainment, equipment rental, clothing requirements and ski-pass costs. Thanks again for your kind support and I cannot wait to see you all on the slopes!
phil, Dec 16, 2005 @ 11:40
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 6
good to see that I am not the only one who don't know how to ski...
good to see that I am not the only one who don't know how to ski...
Katja, Dec 16, 2005 @ 18:37
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 7
count one more in for the trip, i'll definitely need some snowboard instruction

...off to get padded pants

v
count one more in for the trip, i'll definitely need some snowboard instruction

...off to get padded pants

v
virginia, Dec 27, 2005 @ 09:47
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 8
I'm new to GOL and this may be my first group outing, so please be gentle. But would love to join the group if there're still spaces available.

I'm a beginner skier and my husband is pretty dang good at it. Looking forward to meeting the group.

Christina
I'm new to GOL and this may be my first group outing, so please be gentle. But would love to join the group if there're still spaces available.

I'm a beginner skier and my husband is pretty dang good at it. Looking forward to meeting the group.

Christina
smiliezz, Dec 29, 2005 @ 19:56
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 9
Hi Everyone, thank you for your kind messages and I am thrilled that many of you are interested to meet up for some skiing and snowboarding in Verbier! I have put a posting about this on the "member activities" board and if you would like the full details then please send me your regular e-mail address and I will happily forward all the info to you. Best wishes and thanks again. Phil.
Hi Everyone, thank you for your kind messages and I am thrilled that many of you are interested to meet up for some skiing and snowboarding in Verbier! I have put a posting about this on the "member activities" board and if you would like the full details then please send me your regular e-mail address and I will happily forward all the info to you. Best wishes and thanks again. Phil.
phil, Jan 3, 2006 @ 10:53
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
10 Replies | 1215 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form