Login or Sign Up

Forums in Geneva > Geneva > Administrative procedure for newly arrived in Geneva - UN consultant

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Administrative procedure for newly arrived in Geneva - UN consultant

Hi all, 

I've just arrived in Geneva (but living in Mies - canton Vaud) for a week now and trying to look for information on tax liability and all other government-related procedure. I tried to ask my HR but apparently they are not very helpful. My questions:

1. Do you have to write to the income tax authorities to register yourself? Or they will automatically get the information about your arrival and work once you register youself with your canton? And since I live in Mies (canton Vaud), I suppose I need to write to their tax office? 

2. Same question as above but for social tax.

Any leaks from you would be greatly appreciated. 

The text you are quoting:

Hi all, 

I've just arrived in Geneva (but living in Mies - canton Vaud) for a week now and trying to look for information on tax liability and all other government-related procedure. I tried to ask my HR but apparently they are not very helpful. My questions:

1. Do you have to write to the income tax authorities to register yourself? Or they will automatically get the information about your arrival and work once you register youself with your canton? And since I live in Mies (canton Vaud), I suppose I need to write to their tax office? 

2. Same question as above but for social tax.

Any leaks from you would be greatly appreciated. 

Thi Thu LApr 29, 2023 @ 15:06
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

1 Replies | 535 Views      |  Send to friend

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Re: Administrative procedure for newly arrived in Geneva - UN consultant
Post 1

Thi, you need to register at the OCPM https://www.ge.ch/organisation/office-cantonal-population-migrations-ocpm, even when you move apartments.

For taxes, you can ask them, but the system is dependent on your visa (taxed at source or not).

The text you are quoting:

Thi, you need to register at the OCPM https://www.ge.ch/organisation/office-cantonal-population-migrations-ocpm, even when you move apartments.

For taxes, you can ask them, but the system is dependent on your visa (taxed at source or not).

Sean C, May 3, 2023 @ 16:41
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin
1 Replies | 535 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form