Login or Sign Up

Forums in Geneva > Geneva > Advice on DELF test needed.

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Advice on DELF test needed.
All, I thought I'd ask ur advice on this matter and some help too.
Since I arrived in Geneva I took some french classes, and I able to speak in French (having normal conversation and soemties work related ones) pretty fluently (even thou with the typical italian mistakes). I Can't Write in french thou, and it's quite frustrating. I was thinking about getting over it and start learning french again and maybe taking the DELF test. Is there any self learn method/material I can use? Or do u recommend a school? Also ... is it worth taking the test (any 'competitive advantages')?

Thanks!
Vale
The text you are quoting:
All, I thought I'd ask ur advice on this matter and some help too.
Since I arrived in Geneva I took some french classes, and I able to speak in French (having normal conversation and soemties work related ones) pretty fluently (even thou with the typical italian mistakes). I Can't Write in french thou, and it's quite frustrating. I was thinking about getting over it and start learning french again and maybe taking the DELF test. Is there any self learn method/material I can use? Or do u recommend a school? Also ... is it worth taking the test (any 'competitive advantages')?

Thanks!
Vale
HoilingAug 6, 2006 @ 05:59
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

3 Replies | 1269 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Advice on DELF test needed.
Post 1
i know that one class at my school (inlingua) is currently focusing on writing, as everyone's a good speaker. maybe it's worth a look? other than that, from a professional point of view, i can say that having any kind of language exam on your CV is good, as it shows a) your level, and b) that you were motivated enough to try (and succeed), especially here in GVA where, on an every day basis, there isn't much need for French.

hope that helps :)
Minda
The text you are quoting:
i know that one class at my school (inlingua) is currently focusing on writing, as everyone's a good speaker. maybe it's worth a look? other than that, from a professional point of view, i can say that having any kind of language exam on your CV is good, as it shows a) your level, and b) that you were motivated enough to try (and succeed), especially here in GVA where, on an every day basis, there isn't much need for French.

hope that helps :)
Minda
Minda, Aug 6, 2006 @ 13:46
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin
Re: Advice on DELF test needed.
Post 2
lets see what they say.

Nir