Login or Sign Up

Forums in Geneva > Geneva > American Television

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
American Television
Hi all,

Does anyone know if it's possible to pick up any american TV channels using a satelite dish or any other means ? I could hook a dish up at my place, but want to be sure before I go through with the hassle and expenses.

From what I think I figured out on different websites, the american television broadcasting satelites are too far away to be picked up here (they're below the horizon), however I find it hard to believe that there's no relay or something like that, come on people, we've got plasma tvs, ipods, cellphones and broadband internet, don't tell me I can't watch simpsons reruns with 54 commercial breaks !

If someone can help me figure this out, he or she will get a lifetime of invitations to watch TV at my place !

Cheers,
Arnie
The text you are quoting:
Hi all,

Does anyone know if it's possible to pick up any american TV channels using a satelite dish or any other means ? I could hook a dish up at my place, but want to be sure before I go through with the hassle and expenses.

From what I think I figured out on different websites, the american television broadcasting satelites are too far away to be picked up here (they're below the horizon), however I find it hard to believe that there's no relay or something like that, come on people, we've got plasma tvs, ipods, cellphones and broadband internet, don't tell me I can't watch simpsons reruns with 54 commercial breaks !

If someone can help me figure this out, he or she will get a lifetime of invitations to watch TV at my place !

Cheers,
Arnie
KahunaBurgerApr 5, 2006 @ 00:58
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

7 Replies | 1218 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: American Television
Post 1
Well, apparently it's very easy to download tv shows from the internet, not too legit though. Too bad.

Thanks for your reply !
Well, apparently it's very easy to download tv shows from the internet, not too legit though. Too bad.

Thanks for your reply !
KahunaBurger, Apr 5, 2006 @ 13:09
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2
You will find that alot of American shows are broadcast over the various channels beamed through the Astra Sat. I have Sky and find that I have most of the syndicated shows . Without a Sky package you can still receive several Free To Air (FTA) channels including all the UK terrestrial channels which often have US shows. If there are particular shows you are interested in I can query my system at home ( I have a complete searchable TV listing database of the channels I receive)
You will find that alot of American shows are broadcast over the various channels beamed through the Astra Sat. I have Sky and find that I have most of the syndicated shows . Without a Sky package you can still receive several Free To Air (FTA) channels including all the UK terrestrial channels which often have US shows. If there are particular shows you are interested in I can query my system at home ( I have a complete searchable TV listing database of the channels I receive)
britabroad, Apr 5, 2006 @ 15:10
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3
you can have all the tv shows you want, when you want....
without satellite ( i used to have a sat. business here so i know what the cost and possibilities are) just go to these internet sites and all is downloadable. i particularly like: Lost, desperate housewives, 24, smallville ( i know it's for teeny boppers ) and real time. and also the sopranos a bit.go to :
http://next-episode.net/index.php
and you can see what's available. then download http://www.bitcomet.com/
and you can find all the tv shows on www.torrentspy.com
happy watching....btw, i have most of these on my pc, so if you want to have a dvd copy just let me know.
you can have all the tv shows you want, when you want....
without satellite ( i used to have a sat. business here so i know what the cost and possibilities are) just go to these internet sites and all is downloadable. i particularly like: Lost, desperate housewives, 24, smallville ( i know it's for teeny boppers ) and real time. and also the sopranos a bit.go to :
http://next-episode.net/index.php
and you can see what's available. then download http://www.bitcomet.com/
and you can find all the tv shows on www.torrentspy.com
happy watching....btw, i have most of these on my pc, so if you want to have a dvd copy just let me know.
epicure, Apr 5, 2006 @ 18:33
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 4
Thanks alot for the information ! I'll look into it, take care.
Thanks alot for the information ! I'll look into it, take care.
KahunaBurger, Apr 6, 2006 @ 00:36
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 5
www.tvtorrent.info is your friend... :-) I'm just across the border in France and my understanding is that it's still fairly legal to d/l stuff like this. My take is that if someone in North America could record the program on TV and then ship a DVD or VCR tape to me, I feel 'OK' about doing this.
www.tvtorrent.info is your friend... :-) I'm just across the border in France and my understanding is that it's still fairly legal to d/l stuff like this. My take is that if someone in North America could record the program on TV and then ship a DVD or VCR tape to me, I feel 'OK' about doing this.
mrbeau, Apr 6, 2006 @ 15:22
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 6
if u download, and "Fairly" illagal if people download from u ...
At least this was my understanding. Not sure thou.

Val
if u download, and "Fairly" illagal if people download from u ...
At least this was my understanding. Not sure thou.

Val
Hoiling, Apr 7, 2006 @ 13:08
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
7 Replies | 1218 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form