Login or Sign Up

Forums in Geneva > Geneva > Any Interest in Learning IT?

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Any Interest in Learning IT?

Hello all,

My name is Nick. Originally from the UK, I moved to Geneva back in 2000. I work in the IT sector, mainly in a Service Desk capacity. If you have had an IT issue at home or at work, the number that you would call would bring you to someone like me. I know that for some people it has been a good experience phoning the Service Desk, and for others they have considered it a horrible time.

I've got a couple of ideas that I'm playing around with at the moment. One of the ideas I've been thinking about for a while has been the idea of holding some sort of informal IT lecture. My idea for the first meeting would be a very basic, very broad look at IT. This would include discussing some basic internal components like harddrives, a look into what viruses are and how to avoid them, operating systems, creating backups and tips on how to look after your computer in general. At the end I would have a Q&A session where you would have the option to ask questions or make suggestions about areas of IT that you would like more information on which I can then put together to make future presentatiions, and then afterwards I would also be available to talk one-on-one if you have a specific issue that you need advice on.

The presentation for the first lecture is already pretty much complete. For the moment I am looking around at possible venues to hold the presentation and I am also getting the word out so that I can see if there is any interest.

To that end, would anyone in Geneva be interested in sitting down to learn a bit about IT? If you or someone you know would be interested in attending this session please let me know, as well as a general idea of your preferred availability. At the moment I'm thinking about holding some sort of lunchtime session where there would be a deal that you could order some food and a drink at a discount. That way you could eat and drink while you hopefully pick up some useful IT tips!

I look forward to hearing from you!

Nick

The text you are quoting:

Hello all,

My name is Nick. Originally from the UK, I moved to Geneva back in 2000. I work in the IT sector, mainly in a Service Desk capacity. If you have had an IT issue at home or at work, the number that you would call would bring you to someone like me. I know that for some people it has been a good experience phoning the Service Desk, and for others they have considered it a horrible time.

I've got a couple of ideas that I'm playing around with at the moment. One of the ideas I've been thinking about for a while has been the idea of holding some sort of informal IT lecture. My idea for the first meeting would be a very basic, very broad look at IT. This would include discussing some basic internal components like harddrives, a look into what viruses are and how to avoid them, operating systems, creating backups and tips on how to look after your computer in general. At the end I would have a Q&A session where you would have the option to ask questions or make suggestions about areas of IT that you would like more information on which I can then put together to make future presentatiions, and then afterwards I would also be available to talk one-on-one if you have a specific issue that you need advice on.

The presentation for the first lecture is already pretty much complete. For the moment I am looking around at possible venues to hold the presentation and I am also getting the word out so that I can see if there is any interest.

To that end, would anyone in Geneva be interested in sitting down to learn a bit about IT? If you or someone you know would be interested in attending this session please let me know, as well as a general idea of your preferred availability. At the moment I'm thinking about holding some sort of lunchtime session where there would be a deal that you could order some food and a drink at a discount. That way you could eat and drink while you hopefully pick up some useful IT tips!

I look forward to hearing from you!

Nick

Nick HNov 2, 2018 @ 11:04
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

0 Replies | 461 Views      |  Send to friend

No replies posted yet.
0 Replies | 461 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form