Login or Sign Up

Forums in Geneva > Geneva > Apartment damage insurance

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Apartment damage insurance

Hi all, my lease is expiring next month and I'm moving out of my apartment. There are some small damages here and there but I have AXA insurance. My question is: do I need to repair all the damages and claim them myself via AXA or will the regie do that directly after I move out?

thanks in advance

The text you are quoting:

Hi all, my lease is expiring next month and I'm moving out of my apartment. There are some small damages here and there but I have AXA insurance. My question is: do I need to repair all the damages and claim them myself via AXA or will the regie do that directly after I move out?

thanks in advance

Rashna HayatOct 9, 2022 @ 22:33
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

3 Replies | 666 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Apartment damage insurance
Post 1

Hi Rashna,

If you want your deposit back you will need to repair them yourself before handing the apartment back.

If the regie does it they will withhold your deposit and then charge you (no doubt some astonomical amount) for the works done by a swiss tradesman. In this instance you have no control over the costs.

Doing it yourself gives you control over the workman, and the cost. You can put a claim in to Axa with the bills you incur for the repairs.

Hi Rashna,

If you want your deposit back you will need to repair them yourself before handing the apartment back.

If the regie does it they will withhold your deposit and then charge you (no doubt some astonomical amount) for the works done by a swiss tradesman. In this instance you have no control over the costs.

Doing it yourself gives you control over the workman, and the cost. You can put a claim in to Axa with the bills you incur for the repairs.

Charlie, Oct 12, 2022 @ 13:27
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2

And what kind of insurance covers you in case of damages? The 3rd part liability or home insurance?

And what kind of insurance covers you in case of damages? The 3rd part liability or home insurance?

Maria C, Oct 14, 2022 @ 21:40
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3

Hi Maria,

I would think "home contents insurance", but you'll need to ask the insurance agent specifically, since you can add or subtract stuff on many policies depending on the premium you want to pay. eg some cover you for damage done by your pet, to walls or carpets, some dont... so fire, acts of god, water damage, flood, theft, with some covering some items out of the house as well... premiums vary depending on the value of your goods and such forth.

Liabilty insurance is just in case you damage someone else or their property, ie by causing a fire, or dropping a flower pot on a car etc...

Hope this helps.

Ch

Hi Maria,

I would think "home contents insurance", but you'll need to ask the insurance agent specifically, since you can add or subtract stuff on many policies depending on the premium you want to pay. eg some cover you for damage done by your pet, to walls or carpets, some dont... so fire, acts of god, water damage, flood, theft, with some covering some items out of the house as well... premiums vary depending on the value of your goods and such forth.

Liabilty insurance is just in case you damage someone else or their property, ie by causing a fire, or dropping a flower pot on a car etc...

Hope this helps.

Ch

Charlie, Oct 14, 2022 @ 21:51
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
3 Replies | 666 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form