Login or Sign Up

Forums in Geneva > Geneva > Appartment Searching - Getting frustrated

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Appartment Searching - Getting frustrated
basically me and my girlfriend are looking for a flat together and have been for around 6 months..

everytime we find one we discover that its already taken or someones was chosen and its beginning to wear a little thin..

i was thinking of employing the services of a location office or something similar that would actually find one for us , we pay a few hundred francs and they gaurentee something..

does anyone have any experience with these knid of things ?

basically we are searching for centre ville or close by and anything around the 3200 chf mark .

any thoughts are much appreciated

cheers
The text you are quoting:
basically me and my girlfriend are looking for a flat together and have been for around 6 months..

everytime we find one we discover that its already taken or someones was chosen and its beginning to wear a little thin..

i was thinking of employing the services of a location office or something similar that would actually find one for us , we pay a few hundred francs and they gaurentee something..

does anyone have any experience with these knid of things ?

basically we are searching for centre ville or close by and anything around the 3200 chf mark .

any thoughts are much appreciated

cheers
neilmaccApr 20, 2006 @ 18:57
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

4 Replies | 1302 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Appartment Searching - Getting frustrated
Post 1
my advice is don't go for them. I have checked a couple of them when I wanted to get my flat and teh premises is that ... u pay them, they show u some flats that will match ur requirement and in theory u cna keep say no if u don't like it or if u don't get accepted and they'll keep looking .. but ... u have to motivate ur "non-acceptance" of the flat they showed u, and prove it deosn't match one of the requiremtn. An Old buildings, crappy apt, roof falling on your head .. are not requirments. A friend of mine payd and after he refused 4 crappy apt .. they told him the service was over cause he was "too picky".
My only suggestion is to check on the regie websites daily, call as soon as u can, get the GHI wednesdays morning and not in the evenings ... but websites mainly.
Will send u some if u want.

Val
my advice is don't go for them. I have checked a couple of them when I wanted to get my flat and teh premises is that ... u pay them, they show u some flats that will match ur requirement and in theory u cna keep say no if u don't like it or if u don't get accepted and they'll keep looking .. but ... u have to motivate ur "non-acceptance" of the flat they showed u, and prove it deosn't match one of the requiremtn. An Old buildings, crappy apt, roof falling on your head .. are not requirments. A friend of mine payd and after he refused 4 crappy apt .. they told him the service was over cause he was "too picky".
My only suggestion is to check on the regie websites daily, call as soon as u can, get the GHI wednesdays morning and not in the evenings ... but websites mainly.
Will send u some if u want.

Val
Hoiling, Apr 20, 2006 @ 20:09
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2
flats for the employees. I heard the service is really good.
flats for the employees. I heard the service is really good.
Iolly, Apr 20, 2006 @ 23:28
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3
that's the easiest way. People moving out have to pay for the last 3 months, unless they find a new tenant, and if you are cleared by the regi, you just slide in. That's what I did, but I confess it was before the P&G apartment takeover. It was always hard to get apartments, but now it is REALLY hard.

On the other hand, you are willing to pay a huge amount. Id state that up-front and maybe you'll have better luck. Go interview at the regis. They are really nepotistic, and a good impression can help. Mine hid my bail a loyer (apartment contract) in a drawer (so other people couldn't apply for it) until my work permit was finished, which was totally cool (and unheard-of).
that's the easiest way. People moving out have to pay for the last 3 months, unless they find a new tenant, and if you are cleared by the regi, you just slide in. That's what I did, but I confess it was before the P&G apartment takeover. It was always hard to get apartments, but now it is REALLY hard.

On the other hand, you are willing to pay a huge amount. Id state that up-front and maybe you'll have better luck. Go interview at the regis. They are really nepotistic, and a good impression can help. Mine hid my bail a loyer (apartment contract) in a drawer (so other people couldn't apply for it) until my work permit was finished, which was totally cool (and unheard-of).
Jennifer, Apr 24, 2006 @ 01:40
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
4 Replies | 1302 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form