Login or Sign Up

Forums in Geneva > Geneva > Avoid Holmes Place At All Costs

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Avoid Holmes Place At All Costs

I joined holmes place over 2 years ago and used the gym happily over that period of time although since the start of my memberhsip many other gyms have opened with better service at a cheaper price. upon cancellation of my contract, the gym insisted on me paying the 3 months notice period in spite of the fact that it is closed now due to Covid 19 and also frustrated my cancellation process by refusing to enact the cancellation until they received a letter by recorded delivery. 

The holmes place membership contract is full of additional charges and sharky tactics, they charge you a higher rate once your fixed contractual period is up for example. It's an old style way of doing business, try to take advantage of your customers oversight.

Now they are proposing non-financial compensation to members for the Covid-19 closure which is simply a ploy to get you to accept a minimal amount of compensation so you have no recourse to ask for more in future. 

I would avoid at all costs, there are pleanty of other gyms in geneva that are as good or better and with cheaper membership fees and a much nicer approach to businss.

The text you are quoting:

I joined holmes place over 2 years ago and used the gym happily over that period of time although since the start of my memberhsip many other gyms have opened with better service at a cheaper price. upon cancellation of my contract, the gym insisted on me paying the 3 months notice period in spite of the fact that it is closed now due to Covid 19 and also frustrated my cancellation process by refusing to enact the cancellation until they received a letter by recorded delivery. 

The holmes place membership contract is full of additional charges and sharky tactics, they charge you a higher rate once your fixed contractual period is up for example. It's an old style way of doing business, try to take advantage of your customers oversight.

Now they are proposing non-financial compensation to members for the Covid-19 closure which is simply a ploy to get you to accept a minimal amount of compensation so you have no recourse to ask for more in future. 

I would avoid at all costs, there are pleanty of other gyms in geneva that are as good or better and with cheaper membership fees and a much nicer approach to businss.

ADAM OPPENHEIMERApr 23, 2020 @ 13:14
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

1 Replies | 894 Views      |  Send to friend

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Re: Avoid Holmes Place At All Costs
Post 1

Hi there. There are so many complaints about their tactics. At the same time, there are so many other new gyms that offer excellent and transparent service.

I suggest you look at the consumer federation of Suisse-Romande. They can support in dealing with abusive companies so you don't get screwed around. 

https://www.frc.ch/

Hope that helps. 

The text you are quoting:

Hi there. There are so many complaints about their tactics. At the same time, there are so many other new gyms that offer excellent and transparent service.

I suggest you look at the consumer federation of Suisse-Romande. They can support in dealing with abusive companies so you don't get screwed around. 

https://www.frc.ch/

Hope that helps. 

xaviero, Apr 27, 2020 @ 10:07
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin
1 Replies | 894 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form