Login or Sign Up

Forums in Geneva > Geneva > Ballroom/Latin

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Ballroom/Latin
Hi. Does anyone know of a ballroom/latin dance school in the Geneva area? I've checked the relevant websites and can't find any listings other than Cours Bravo. I'm looking for a place/instructor for a competitive level of dance. Cheers :)
The text you are quoting:
Hi. Does anyone know of a ballroom/latin dance school in the Geneva area? I've checked the relevant websites and can't find any listings other than Cours Bravo. I'm looking for a place/instructor for a competitive level of dance. Cheers :)
lovethiscityJan 21, 2006 @ 14:45
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

7 Replies | 1497 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Ballroom/Latin
Post 1
..I think this is the only dance school in Geneva that teaches ballroom and latin competitive dance... but even their elite level is not quite what you would have found in the UK.. the good thing is that their advanced level couples do not have more than 3-4 couples, so you can get a lot of good tips adapted to your level of dancing. The owners of the school also participate in dance competitions all over Switzerland, so they might give you good advice. And if you'd like to practice, you might want to get in touch with Sezegnin - he's done a of of ballroom in the past, and I think he wants to continue. :-)

P.S. KapDanse's website is www.kapdanse.ch
..I think this is the only dance school in Geneva that teaches ballroom and latin competitive dance... but even their elite level is not quite what you would have found in the UK.. the good thing is that their advanced level couples do not have more than 3-4 couples, so you can get a lot of good tips adapted to your level of dancing. The owners of the school also participate in dance competitions all over Switzerland, so they might give you good advice. And if you'd like to practice, you might want to get in touch with Sezegnin - he's done a of of ballroom in the past, and I think he wants to continue. :-)

P.S. KapDanse's website is www.kapdanse.ch
lovely_katya, Jan 21, 2006 @ 17:15
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2
Thanks Katya. Seems they're more into salsa and tango at advanced levels, but I'll give them a call anyway. Anyone else interested may also want to check out the dance sport association www.tanzsport.ch and it's links - though these are pretty much for the competitive levels etc. In any case, see you all out there on the dance floor! :)
Thanks Katya. Seems they're more into salsa and tango at advanced levels, but I'll give them a call anyway. Anyone else interested may also want to check out the dance sport association www.tanzsport.ch and it's links - though these are pretty much for the competitive levels etc. In any case, see you all out there on the dance floor! :)
lovethiscity, Jan 22, 2006 @ 14:39
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3
I thoght it was salsa, but see from you reply to katya that it's not.
I thoght it was salsa, but see from you reply to katya that it's not.
Nir Ofek, Jan 22, 2006 @ 18:55
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 4
..just so you know... but I am sure you can manage to talk to them in French, from what I hear. :-)

I took advanced latin lessons with them 4 years ago, and was quite happy with the classes, but they might indeed have shifted to tango since...

good luck, and HAPPY BIRTHDAY, lady!!!!
..just so you know... but I am sure you can manage to talk to them in French, from what I hear. :-)

I took advanced latin lessons with them 4 years ago, and was quite happy with the classes, but they might indeed have shifted to tango since...

good luck, and HAPPY BIRTHDAY, lady!!!!
lovely_katya, Jan 22, 2006 @ 21:49
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 5
Hi Nir. I love all dances, including salsa. But for this line of enquiry, I'm looking for professional ballroom/latin competitive schools/coaches/competitions etc. I taught and competed a long time ago, and thought I'd like to give it a whirl again at some point :)
Hi Nir. I love all dances, including salsa. But for this line of enquiry, I'm looking for professional ballroom/latin competitive schools/coaches/competitions etc. I taught and competed a long time ago, and thought I'd like to give it a whirl again at some point :)
lovethiscity, Jan 23, 2006 @ 00:06
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 6
Ok thanks for the heads up. And thanks for the birthday greeting - what an awesome time I've had this week... it was like my birthday from the minute I landed Monday. Very happy indeed! Thanks to everyone for making it one to remember!!! :) :) :)
Ok thanks for the heads up. And thanks for the birthday greeting - what an awesome time I've had this week... it was like my birthday from the minute I landed Monday. Very happy indeed! Thanks to everyone for making it one to remember!!! :) :) :)
lovethiscity, Jan 23, 2006 @ 00:10
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
7 Replies | 1497 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form