Login or Sign Up

Forums in Geneva > Geneva > Bank account advice request when working in Switzerland

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Bank account advice request when working in Switzerland

Hi all,

I‘m from the UK and will soon be working in Switzerland & living in France.  Would be grateful if anyone could offer advice on which bank account to open when earning CHF and dealing with Euros. A friend of mine recommended the Revolut card- is this the best option to avoid bank charges when converting currencies? Hoping that this expat life wont be as complicated as it appears

The text you are quoting:

Hi all,

I‘m from the UK and will soon be working in Switzerland & living in France.  Would be grateful if anyone could offer advice on which bank account to open when earning CHF and dealing with Euros. A friend of mine recommended the Revolut card- is this the best option to avoid bank charges when converting currencies? Hoping that this expat life wont be as complicated as it appears
Natasha WatkinsAug 28, 2019 @ 00:23

Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

3 Replies | 890 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Bank account advice request when working in Switzerland
Post 1

The above one is a good one 
Michek

The above one is a good one 
Michek

Michel D, Aug 28, 2019 @ 09:10
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2

We have had excellent service from Post Finance - very secure. So, they do take 15.00 per month for servicing your account if you do not actually live in CH, but we have found it's worth the effort. Up to you of course, but perhaps it should be checked against other options. Best of luck

We have had excellent service from Post Finance - very secure. So, they do take 15.00 per month for servicing your account if you do not actually live in CH, but we have found it's worth the effort. Up to you of course, but perhaps it should be checked against other options. Best of luck

sheila c, Aug 28, 2019 @ 13:12
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3

Many thanks for all the advice! Really appreciate it!

Many thanks for all the advice! Really appreciate it!

Natasha Watkins, Aug 28, 2019 @ 20:39
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
3 Replies | 890 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form