Login or Sign Up

Forums in Geneva > Geneva > Bike riding in winter!

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Bike riding in winter!

Hello! This is a really simple question (I guess)...the thing is that i want to buy a city bike and I'm not sure if this kind of bike is secure enough to ride in winter. How hard is it to ride in Geneva center in winter? Do I need a particular type of bike? Undecided

The text you are quoting:

Hello! This is a really simple question (I guess)...the thing is that i want to buy a city bike and I'm not sure if this kind of bike is secure enough to ride in winter. How hard is it to ride in Geneva center in winter? Do I need a particular type of bike? Undecided

Francisca UOct 17, 2018 @ 21:32
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

4 Replies | 1116 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Bike riding in winter!
Post 1

Hello , you need just to be very careful specially on tram ways pathways when it is raining in order to not slip ,last year i was riding my bike all winter and nothing happened .cheers

Hello , you need just to be very careful specially on tram ways pathways when it is raining in order to not slip ,last year i was riding my bike all winter and nothing happened .cheers

hesham shafei, Oct 18, 2018 @ 00:54
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2

And i forgot the more the bike is heavy  ,the more it is stable .

And i forgot the more the bike is heavy  ,the more it is stable .

hesham shafei, Oct 18, 2018 @ 01:05
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3

I agree that the town never gets much snow/ice. Sometimes outside town, or higher up, it can get slippery. E.g. where I live.

I agree that the town never gets much snow/ice. Sometimes outside town, or higher up, it can get slippery. E.g. where I live.

tawb, Oct 18, 2018 @ 12:19
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 4

Hi ! You should also were a reflective jacket to be very visible. In winter, with less light, rain, more cars as people exchange their bike/scooter for a car, the "I didn't see you" happens more otften... You can check with a bike reseller for changing tires with more grip on wet and cold conditions, don't forget that the road contains more danger than the tram rails : the lines, the "bouche d'égoût" (sewer?). I also feel fine in town on bike, it just requires a bit more attention. Drive safe !

Hi ! You should also were a reflective jacket to be very visible. In winter, with less light, rain, more cars as people exchange their bike/scooter for a car, the "I didn't see you" happens more otften... You can check with a bike reseller for changing tires with more grip on wet and cold conditions, don't forget that the road contains more danger than the tram rails : the lines, the "bouche d'égoût" (sewer?). I also feel fine in town on bike, it just requires a bit more attention. Drive safe !

Pika, Oct 31, 2018 @ 14:33
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
4 Replies | 1116 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form