Login or Sign Up

Forums in Geneva > Geneva > Buying a property in Italy from Switzerland

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Buying a property in Italy from Switzerland

Hello everyone,

I'm thinking of buying a small casa in Piedmont, native land of my grand-mother. I'm not planning to be a permanent resident at this point, but certainly spend a few months per year there, in 2-3 seperate stays.

I've googled a little bit and found out that [1] the time necessary to sign the contract can take from 6 to 12 months, and even two years (if seller is the State), and [2] that's it's recommended to have an avvocato, the real estate agent not being "safe" enough on some legal points (?).

Has anyone bought a property in Italy from Switzerland ? Apart from the two points above, do you have any recommendation ?

Ex. once you're the owner, how long does it take to get an internet connection ? how complicate is it to pay your tax from abroad ? opening a bank account as non-resident, etc. etc.

The text you are quoting:

Hello everyone,

I'm thinking of buying a small casa in Piedmont, native land of my grand-mother. I'm not planning to be a permanent resident at this point, but certainly spend a few months per year there, in 2-3 seperate stays.

I've googled a little bit and found out that [1] the time necessary to sign the contract can take from 6 to 12 months, and even two years (if seller is the State), and [2] that's it's recommended to have an avvocato, the real estate agent not being "safe" enough on some legal points (?).

Has anyone bought a property in Italy from Switzerland ? Apart from the two points above, do you have any recommendation ?

Ex. once you're the owner, how long does it take to get an internet connection ? how complicate is it to pay your tax from abroad ? opening a bank account as non-resident, etc. etc.

missdaisyAug 24, 2022 @ 12:37
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

1 Replies | 678 Views      |  Send to friend

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Re: Buying a property in Italy from Switzerland
Post 1

Hi Daisy,

This might help;

https://www.propertyguides.com/italy/buying/