Login or Sign Up

Forums in Geneva > Geneva > Buying biycle in Annemasse

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Buying biycle in Annemasse

Hi,

I live very near the border from Annemasse. I am thinking about purchasing a bicycle in Annemasse and riding it back to Geneva. I wonder what I need to do with respect to customs. Is there some physical location at the border where I can pay the duty/VAT, and then continue on my way, or will I need to get it shipped by post or something?

Thanks!

The text you are quoting:

Hi,

I live very near the border from Annemasse. I am thinking about purchasing a bicycle in Annemasse and riding it back to Geneva. I wonder what I need to do with respect to customs. Is there some physical location at the border where I can pay the duty/VAT, and then continue on my way, or will I need to get it shipped by post or something?

Thanks!

marc antoniusFeb 26, 2021 @ 18:34
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

1 Replies | 469 Views      |  Send to friend

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Re: Buying biycle in Annemasse
Post 1

Hi Marc,
nobody would even check if u have a new bike when coming back to Genève "Le parcours complet - La Route Verte" - it is a really nice route. However, I believe that if you would feel the tax-free return form in France and pay the respective taxes in Switzerland you could save some money. However, nobody would even check anything even if your bike would be made of gold :)
Check Veloland - they have very good deals, specially at the end of the summer - however, with the current situation u may find really special deals....

The text you are quoting:

Hi Marc,
nobody would even check if u have a new bike when coming back to Genève "Le parcours complet - La Route Verte" - it is a really nice route. However, I believe that if you would feel the tax-free return form in France and pay the respective taxes in Switzerland you could save some money. However, nobody would even check anything even if your bike would be made of gold :)
Check Veloland - they have very good deals, specially at the end of the summer - however, with the current situation u may find really special deals....

Marcelo O, Feb 27, 2021 @ 11:13
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin
1 Replies | 469 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form