Login or Sign Up

Forums in Geneva > Geneva > CDL to Permit Ci

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
CDL to Permit Ci
Hello, looking for some help/knowledge to navigate the work permit "Ci" process. I've been reseraching the corresponding agencies, offices, forums and the net and can't seem to find clear information.

Anyone familiar with the process, I'd gretly appreciate your help or insights!

I have recently received my Attestation from the Swiss Mission and have accepted a position in Lausanne. I have a few questions to clarify as I know I have an employment contract.

1. how long does it take for the permis Ci to process  -- and am i not able to start work until I receive it?

2. the employer is in Lausanne,(I live in Geneva) I was told previously that this should not be an issue. However, do I need to seek additional approval from Canton Vaud?

3. According to OCPM (https://www.ge.ch/demander-permis-travail/membre-famille-titulaire-carte-legitimation-du-dfae CDL holders need to need to complete Form K - form K indicates "Renewal and modification of situation for holders of a residence permit with or without activity ". This is the first time that I have applied for this permit, is form K correct? or I must complete form M (" Request for 'authorization to stay and / or work in Geneva for foreign nationals ")

4. In the site, under the "supporting documents" there is no mention of the need for a language certificate, however it is mentioned in the "Mandatory Documents" in form K. Do I have to submit the proof, or am I exempt because that I am a CDL holder?

Thank you!!! 
The text you are quoting:
Hello, looking for some help/knowledge to navigate the work permit "Ci" process. I've been reseraching the corresponding agencies, offices, forums and the net and can't seem to find clear information.

Anyone familiar with the process, I'd gretly appreciate your help or insights!

I have recently received my Attestation from the Swiss Mission and have accepted a position in Lausanne. I have a few questions to clarify as I know I have an employment contract.

1. how long does it take for the permis Ci to process  -- and am i not able to start work until I receive it?

2. the employer is in Lausanne,(I live in Geneva) I was told previously that this should not be an issue. However, do I need to seek additional approval from Canton Vaud?

3. According to OCPM (https://www.ge.ch/demander-permis-travail/membre-famille-titulaire-carte-legitimation-du-dfae CDL holders need to need to complete Form K - form K indicates "Renewal and modification of situation for holders of a residence permit with or without activity ". This is the first time that I have applied for this permit, is form K correct? or I must complete form M (" Request for 'authorization to stay and / or work in Geneva for foreign nationals ")

4. In the site, under the "supporting documents" there is no mention of the need for a language certificate, however it is mentioned in the "Mandatory Documents" in form K. Do I have to submit the proof, or am I exempt because that I am a CDL holder?

Thank you!!! 
Cynthia MAug 14, 2020 @ 12:32
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

3 Replies | 985 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: CDL to Permit Ci
Post 1

1. It took me 1.5 year

4. I believe you need B2 certificate in French

1. It took me 1.5 year

4. I believe you need B2 certificate in French

Kris R, Aug 16, 2020 @ 23:03
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2

Wow Kris, that is a long time! Does that mean you were not able to work for 1.5 years? did you process if before having a work offer or contract? - Thank you for your input.

Wow Kris, that is a long time! Does that mean you were not able to work for 1.5 years? did you process if before having a work offer or contract? - Thank you for your input.

Cynthia M, Aug 17, 2020 @ 10:19
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3

Cynthia M, Aug 17, 2020 @ 13:23
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
3 Replies | 985 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form