Login or Sign Up

Forums in Geneva > Geneva > Can you help me with my gas heater?

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Can you help me with my gas heater?

Hello,

I just moved in to Geneva, with my boyfriend who has lived in the flat for about two months. Heating and hot water is with a gas heater, which, since the beginning says "Def allumage" and makes barely lukewarm water. Trier turning it on and off.

I was wondering if you have any advice or idea on the matter? Something I should know? Thank you! 

The text you are quoting:

Hello,

I just moved in to Geneva, with my boyfriend who has lived in the flat for about two months. Heating and hot water is with a gas heater, which, since the beginning says "Def allumage" and makes barely lukewarm water. Trier turning it on and off.

I was wondering if you have any advice or idea on the matter? Something I should know? Thank you! 

Maria SOct 5, 2021 @ 16:38
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

14 Replies | 1069 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Can you help me with my gas heater?
Post 1

I think you should report the situation without delay to the owner or rental agency with whom you have a rental agreement. It’s their responsibility to ensure the equipment and utilities are properly installed and in working order.  If you try fixing it you could be blamed for any subsequent problem(s).

Good luck!

R.

I think you should report the situation without delay to the owner or rental agency with whom you have a rental agreement. It’s their responsibility to ensure the equipment and utilities are properly installed and in working order.  If you try fixing it you could be blamed for any subsequent problem(s).

Good luck!

R.

Ritchie, Oct 5, 2021 @ 17:03
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2

And if they dillydally or try to fob you off, contact ASLOCA with all docuentation details and phone calls etc.

And if they dillydally or try to fob you off, contact ASLOCA with all docuentation details and phone calls etc.

TogJay, Oct 6, 2021 @ 00:30
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3

Sorry.. typo.. should read 'documentation details' above

Sorry.. typo.. should read 'documentation details' above

TogJay, Oct 6, 2021 @ 00:33
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 4

Thank you, Ritchie for your reply. We contacted the régie and are expecting them to come soon to see what the problem is. My idea was that there may be something obvious to somebody living here that I don't know, as I just moved in. A button to switch... Thank you again, best ot all to you. 
Maria

Thank you, Ritchie for your reply. We contacted the régie and are expecting them to come soon to see what the problem is. My idea was that there may be something obvious to somebody living here that I don't know, as I just moved in. A button to switch... Thank you again, best ot all to you. 
Maria

Maria S, Oct 6, 2021 @ 10:39
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 5

Hello and thank you for the Asloca tip. I was hoping everything would be settled peacefully, but good to know there is Asloca. Have a nice day, 

Maria

Hello and thank you for the Asloca tip. I was hoping everything would be settled peacefully, but good to know there is Asloca. Have a nice day, 

Maria

Maria S, Oct 6, 2021 @ 10:41
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 6

Maria

Oct 6, 21 10:41

HI Maria, 

It should be settled peacefully, no reason not to, 

Regards,
MIke

HI Maria, 

It should be settled peacefully, no reason not to, 

Regards,
MIke

Michel D, Oct 6, 2021 @ 11:39
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 7

Maria

Oct 6, 21 10:39

When you’re a newbie, it’s always better to be briefed by the owner or the régie rather than a thud party however experienced and qualified he or she may be.

It’s when you don’t get any help from the owner or his representative that you should start looking elsewhere -- for example. at ASLOCA.

When you’re a newbie, it’s always better to be briefed by the owner or the régie rather than a thud party however experienced and qualified he or she may be.

It’s when you don’t get any help from the owner or his representative that you should start looking elsewhere -- for example. at ASLOCA.

Ritchie, Oct 6, 2021 @ 13:31
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 8

Hello, Ritchie, I understand that you mention the regie, and thank you for this kind and wise reminder. We contacted the regie and have an appointment with a technician next week, so everything should should work out soon. Best regards- Maria

Hello, Ritchie, I understand that you mention the regie, and thank you for this kind and wise reminder. We contacted the regie and have an appointment with a technician next week, so everything should should work out soon. Best regards- Maria

Maria S, Oct 6, 2021 @ 13:40
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 9

Oct 6, 21 13:40

Good Maria,

:)

Good Maria,

:)

Michel D, Oct 6, 2021 @ 13:51
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 10

@Mike   'It should be settled peacefully, no reason not to'',

i agree entirely but with the last Regie I had It was always necessary to follow up with ASLOCA unfortunately before things were sorted out.I think maybe some regies are worse than others.

@Mike   'It should be settled peacefully, no reason not to'',

i agree entirely but with the last Regie I had It was always necessary to follow up with ASLOCA unfortunately before things were sorted out.I think maybe some regies are worse than others.

TogJay, Oct 6, 2021 @ 16:27
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 11

Thank you very much for your replies. I am hopeful that things will be all right with the regie, yet it is good that Asloca are there, in case of some misunderstanding. 
Best regards to all of you- Maria

Thank you very much for your replies. I am hopeful that things will be all right with the regie, yet it is good that Asloca are there, in case of some misunderstanding. 
Best regards to all of you- Maria

Maria S, Oct 6, 2021 @ 17:40
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 12

Dear All, here's an update. The technician came today. The gas was was turned off. He turned it on. We have hot water. Hadn't seen the bright yellow handle behind the stove cover. 
Will be expecting the prize for the silliest situation ever. 

Regards- Maria

Dear All, here's an update. The technician came today. The gas was was turned off. He turned it on. We have hot water. Hadn't seen the bright yellow handle behind the stove cover. 

Regards- Maria

Maria S, Oct 12, 2021 @ 19:27
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 13

Thanks for letting us know. glad you have hot water now

Thanks for letting us know. glad you have hot water now

TogJay, Oct 12, 2021 @ 21:23
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 14

Regards- Maria

Oct 12, 21 19:27

Am glad it all works out Maria. 
If the technician was dispached by the régie you will not be billed, you normaly get a 'bon de travail' by mail from the régie before hand. 
If you contacted someone yourself that's different.

Regards, 
Michel

Am glad it all works out Maria. 
If the technician was dispached by the régie you will not be billed, you normaly get a 'bon de travail' by mail from the régie before hand. 
If you contacted someone yourself that's different.

Regards, 
Michel

Michel D, Oct 12, 2021 @ 22:04
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
14 Replies | 1069 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form