Login or Sign Up

Forums in Geneva > Geneva > Cancellation of CSS health insurance

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Cancellation of CSS health insurance

Hello everyone! Could you please tell me what are the rules to cancel my health insurance contract with CSS? On their website I found that basic insurance should be cancelled by Nov 30th and supplementary insurance - by Sept 30th by registered mail.

However I have 2 concerns here:

1. As they once told me in the CSS office, if you cancel a contract with them you should provide them with a document that proves that you are switching to another company. Does anyone know if it's true?

2. In case you are leaving the country your contract can be canceled any time. But to do this you should prove you are leaving. 

So, does anyone know how to prove I am leaving? Is there any possibility to do this without getting in contact with office de la population? 

Thank you!

The text you are quoting:

Hello everyone! Could you please tell me what are the rules to cancel my health insurance contract with CSS? On their website I found that basic insurance should be cancelled by Nov 30th and supplementary insurance - by Sept 30th by registered mail.

However I have 2 concerns here:

1. As they once told me in the CSS office, if you cancel a contract with them you should provide them with a document that proves that you are switching to another company. Does anyone know if it's true?

2. In case you are leaving the country your contract can be canceled any time. But to do this you should prove you are leaving. 

So, does anyone know how to prove I am leaving? Is there any possibility to do this without getting in contact with office de la population? 

Thank you!

Anastasia BOct 19, 2015 @ 16:05
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

6 Replies | 2981 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Cancellation of CSS health insurance
Post 1

Good evening Anastasia

As I am working for a health Insurance in Lausanne, I hope to be able to help you.

Normally, your contract comes to an end at the official date of your departure from Switzerland. To define this exact date, the office of population is the right instance. If your permit is expiring, a copy of this should be enough. When you are not enregistred in Switzerland (sans papier), I advise you to send them a copy of your Flight ticket with an explication of your situation or another proof that you are leaving the country for good. 

When you are staying in Switzerland and just wish to change your insurance, you have to send a letter of cancellation till the 30th of November. Your new Insurance which you have chosen will separately send a letter of confirmation to CSS. This procedure is to make sure that every person living in our country is insured. 

Don't hesitate to contact me for any further information or if you wish an offer for 2016. I work for Atupri Insurance. 

Daniela 

Good evening Anastasia

As I am working for a health Insurance in Lausanne, I hope to be able to help you.

Normally, your contract comes to an end at the official date of your departure from Switzerland. To define this exact date, the office of population is the right instance. If your permit is expiring, a copy of this should be enough. When you are not enregistred in Switzerland (sans papier), I advise you to send them a copy of your Flight ticket with an explication of your situation or another proof that you are leaving the country for good. 

When you are staying in Switzerland and just wish to change your insurance, you have to send a letter of cancellation till the 30th of November. Your new Insurance which you have chosen will separately send a letter of confirmation to CSS. This procedure is to make sure that every person living in our country is insured. 

Don't hesitate to contact me for any further information or if you wish an offer for 2016. I work for Atupri Insurance. 

Daniela 

Daniela Z, Oct 19, 2015 @ 18:13
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2

Dear All,

I received a letter from Assura regarind the high prime rates. Currently i am paying 208.40 per month for franchise of CHF2500. But on the same franchise in the letter they care raising it to 258.40. I really dont understand why they are increasing it too much in 2016? Is it normal? I dont have any health problems and had not claimed anything till date and not even visited a doctor even a single time....Please guide....

Dear All,

I received a letter from Assura regarind the high prime rates. Currently i am paying 208.40 per month for franchise of CHF2500. But on the same franchise in the letter they care raising it to 258.40. I really dont understand why they are increasing it too much in 2016? Is it normal? I dont have any health problems and had not claimed anything till date and not even visited a doctor even a single time....Please guide....

boy31 geneva, Oct 19, 2015 @ 21:47
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3

in 2009 Switzerland voted so that the Insurance Companies can increase the fee at any moment, without explanation.  Sorry for these news. I'm also Assura and they increased from 215 to 252 chf 

in 2009 Switzerland voted so that the Insurance Companies can increase the fee at any moment, without explanation.  Sorry for these news. I'm also Assura and they increased from 215 to 252 chf 

Petru V, Oct 19, 2015 @ 23:48
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 4

Assura had for many years so attractive primes and consequently not only young and healthy people went to them. And even they are getting older and/or need more health care. The primes in an area must cover the costs of the clients during the same year. That's why the prime rate in many cantons are bumping up with Assura which is only logical (comparing with the prime rate of all the other companies). 

Assura had for many years so attractive primes and consequently not only young and healthy people went to them. And even they are getting older and/or need more health care. The primes in an area must cover the costs of the clients during the same year. That's why the prime rate in many cantons are bumping up with Assura which is only logical (comparing with the prime rate of all the other companies). 

Daniela Z, Oct 20, 2015 @ 08:34
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 5

I work for an independent and neutral insurance broker, Symphony SA, and confirm that Daniela is correct.  Furthermore although Assura has increased their rates, there are alternative insurers that are now cheaper than Assura.  Please contact me if you need further assistance as I work with over 80+ insurance companies.

Kind regards,

Deepak

I work for an independent and neutral insurance broker, Symphony SA, and confirm that Daniela is correct.  Furthermore although Assura has increased their rates, there are alternative insurers that are now cheaper than Assura.  Please contact me if you need further assistance as I work with over 80+ insurance companies.

Kind regards,

Deepak

Deepak G, Nov 5, 2015 @ 14:15
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 6

You get older-> your chance of getting sick increases -> htey jack up prices.

Or they jack up prices and look for an explanation later.

Anyway they jack them up.

You get older-> your chance of getting sick increases -> htey jack up prices.

Or they jack up prices and look for an explanation later.

Anyway they jack them up.

Gennaro S, Nov 6, 2015 @ 16:19
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
6 Replies | 2981 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form