Login or Sign Up

Forums in Geneva > Geneva > Cheap General Practitioners in Geneva?

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Cheap General Practitioners in Geneva?

Hey all!

Currently studying at UNIGE and I now require a 'Certificate of Good Health' for a UN job. Anyone have any recommendations on how I can obtain one for as a cheap as possible? Thanks!

The text you are quoting:

Hey all!

Currently studying at UNIGE and I now require a 'Certificate of Good Health' for a UN job. Anyone have any recommendations on how I can obtain one for as a cheap as possible? Thanks!

Nikhil PasrichaFeb 15, 2019 @ 09:44
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

5 Replies | 605 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Cheap General Practitioners in Geneva?
Post 1

LOL, cheep in Geneva/Switzerland ? I love good jokes.

UNIGE shoudl have a resource and contacts for this simple standard need for students.

As victoria said, its standardized costs. All UN personal get this , so he had to be standardized. As your health insurance company, they will send you to a partner or clinic that is included, or covered or in your annual insurance declaration to help wiht your tax deductions. see or ask your health insurance, if you dont have this, its required as a resident in CH or provide your covered in another approved policy by the Swiss Authorities. but I supose you already know this.

LOL, cheep in Geneva/Switzerland ? I love good jokes.

UNIGE shoudl have a resource and contacts for this simple standard need for students.

As victoria said, its standardized costs. All UN personal get this , so he had to be standardized. As your health insurance company, they will send you to a partner or clinic that is included, or covered or in your annual insurance declaration to help wiht your tax deductions. see or ask your health insurance, if you dont have this, its required as a resident in CH or provide your covered in another approved policy by the Swiss Authorities. but I supose you already know this.

Dave G, Feb 15, 2019 @ 16:14
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2

Try France voisine

Try France voisine

Sean C, Feb 15, 2019 @ 18:23
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3

As others have already said, medical tariffs are generally standardized here.  There is no such animal as “a cheap doctor” – and if a qualified medical practitioner ever dared to work on the cheap, he’d soon be run out of business.

That said, UNIGE should be able to help you.  Otherwise, make an appointment with one of the neighbourhood clinics such as the medical centre on rue de Carouge.  You can ask how much the examination will cost when you make the appointment, also whether you can pay with a credit card.

As for going to a doctor in France, I don’t know if that would work if you’re registered as being resident in Geneva, so better to check that point before crossing the border.

In the long run, it’s often better to resolve such a routine matter locally.  Time also costs money and likewise the bus fares.

Al the best,

R.

As others have already said, medical tariffs are generally standardized here.  There is no such animal as “a cheap doctor” – and if a qualified medical practitioner ever dared to work on the cheap, he’d soon be run out of business.

That said, UNIGE should be able to help you.  Otherwise, make an appointment with one of the neighbourhood clinics such as the medical centre on rue de Carouge.  You can ask how much the examination will cost when you make the appointment, also whether you can pay with a credit card.

As for going to a doctor in France, I don’t know if that would work if you’re registered as being resident in Geneva, so better to check that point before crossing the border.

In the long run, it’s often better to resolve such a routine matter locally.  Time also costs money and likewise the bus fares.

Al the best,

R.

Ritchie, Feb 15, 2019 @ 19:49
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 4

Al the best,

R.

Feb 15, 19 19:49

PS:

I forgot to say that you should make photocopies of the medical report before sending it to UN – just in case you are asked for such a statement by another potential employer.

R.

PS:

I forgot to say that you should make photocopies of the medical report before sending it to UN – just in case you are asked for such a statement by another potential employer.

R.

Ritchie, Feb 15, 2019 @ 19:56
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 5

Hello,

I ran the Course de Duc a few years ago and needed a fitness certificate (because part of the race is in France and they require it). It cost 35 euros from a GP in St. Genis, France. I don't remember the doctor but perhaps this is a cheaper alternative for you.

Hello,

I ran the Course de Duc a few years ago and needed a fitness certificate (because part of the race is in France and they require it). It cost 35 euros from a GP in St. Genis, France. I don't remember the doctor but perhaps this is a cheaper alternative for you.

no.38, Feb 16, 2019 @ 15:07
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
5 Replies | 605 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form