Login or Sign Up

Forums in Geneva > Geneva > Cheapest possible way to mail packages or household goods to the USA ?

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Cheapest possible way to mail packages or household goods to the USA ?

I would like to know the cheapest known way to transport or mail household goods to the USA where speed is not important.  Involves 3 oversized suitcases of  max 35kg each. The French Poste have Colissimo XL prepaid boxes of cm 400x275x175- but quantity too small with max 7 kg- too small and really not so cheap. Any suggestions ? 

The text you are quoting:

I would like to know the cheapest known way to transport or mail household goods to the USA where speed is not important.  Involves 3 oversized suitcases of  max 35kg each. The French Poste have Colissimo XL prepaid boxes of cm 400x275x175- but quantity too small with max 7 kg- too small and really not so cheap. Any suggestions ? 

jadeedlerMar 26, 2020 @ 15:37
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

5 Replies | 665 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Cheapest possible way to mail packages or household goods to the USA ?
Post 1

What solution did you go with, if I may ask?

What solution did you go with, if I may ask?

richardm, Jun 25, 2020 @ 15:18
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2
Actually there finally was no "cheap" way - shipping by kilo or cargo, but of the contenders FedEx - was, by far the cheapest via EXPEDISMART - where I was also offered the possibility of a 10% first-time-user  discount. If you send me a private email I can forward you some of the comparisons and exchanges.
If you want more particulars - I invite you to call. 0764553035.

Cheers,
Jo Ann Deedler
Actually there finally was no "cheap" way - shipping by kilo or cargo, but of the contenders FedEx - was, by far the cheapest via EXPEDISMART - where I was also offered the possibility of a 10% first-time-user  discount. If you send me a private email I can forward you some of the comparisons and exchanges.
If you want more particulars - I invite you to call. 0764553035.

Cheers,
Jo Ann Deedler
jadeedler, Jun 25, 2020 @ 15:56
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3

I used a baggage forwarder at GVA six years ago and was quoted these rates at the time for GVA to LAX -- roughly 4Sfr per kg.  I think the postal service was around 6Sfr per kg.  I had them re-quote as ocean freight and it wasn't any cheaper, surprisingly.

For 200 kg (maximum volume  1.2 cbm)

CHF 890.—

For 300 kg (maximum volume  1.8 cbm)

CHF 1240.—

For 400 kg (maximum volume  2.4 cbm)

CHF 1590.—

I used a baggage forwarder at GVA six years ago and was quoted these rates at the time for GVA to LAX -- roughly 4Sfr per kg.  I think the postal service was around 6Sfr per kg.  I had them re-quote as ocean freight and it wasn't any cheaper, surprisingly.

For 200 kg (maximum volume  1.2 cbm)

CHF 890.—

For 300 kg (maximum volume  1.8 cbm)

CHF 1240.—

For 400 kg (maximum volume  2.4 cbm)

CHF 1590.—

richardm, Jun 26, 2020 @ 00:27
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 4

EXPEDISMART gave me quotes from serveral of the top the airmail companies-  all very diffrerent.  For 60kg FedEx qoted 326frs - the best for 6 days max door-to-door with a 10% discount (to be asked for as first-time client). 

Other quotes were so much over the top to consider. Size of packages does matter. Best to go to their site, answer the questions and the quotes given automatically after information supplied.  Check them out.   As I said, I can send you email examples. 

EXPEDISMART gave me quotes from serveral of the top the airmail companies-  all very diffrerent.  For 60kg FedEx qoted 326frs - the best for 6 days max door-to-door with a 10% discount (to be asked for as first-time client). 

Other quotes were so much over the top to consider. Size of packages does matter. Best to go to their site, answer the questions and the quotes given automatically after information supplied.  Check them out.   As I said, I can send you email examples. 

jadeedler, Jun 26, 2020 @ 21:40
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 5

jadeedler, Jun 26, 2020 @ 21:43
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
5 Replies | 665 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form