Login or Sign Up

Forums in Geneva > Geneva > Commuting from Nyon to Geneva by train with a bike?

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Commuting from Nyon to Geneva by train with a bike?

Hi!

Thinking of moving to Nyon, and wondering about the commute. Does anyone have any experience with taking the train from Nyon to Geneva Cornavin with a bike? 

Is it possible to get the bike on a train in commuter times (i.e. 7-8.30am, 5-7pm), or is it just too busy?

Thanks!

Isabel

The text you are quoting:

Hi!

Thinking of moving to Nyon, and wondering about the commute. Does anyone have any experience with taking the train from Nyon to Geneva Cornavin with a bike? 

Is it possible to get the bike on a train in commuter times (i.e. 7-8.30am, 5-7pm), or is it just too busy?

Thanks!

Isabel

Isabel TAug 11, 2020 @ 18:09
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

8 Replies | 702 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Commuting from Nyon to Geneva by train with a bike?
Post 1

Hello Isabel,

In my experience you would normally be able to take your bike without problems. The lower levels are rarely crowded on the Geneva-Nyon line.

Hello Isabel,

In my experience you would normally be able to take your bike without problems. The lower levels are rarely crowded on the Geneva-Nyon line.

tikati, Aug 12, 2020 @ 13:22
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2

Hi why dont you go with the bike ? :)) from geneva i did it today it took me 1hour and half from geneva ,but if you are not willing to ,take car you have to buy a ticket for the bike or a carte journaliere for the bike ,bikes in trains are payable in swizertland 

Hi why dont you go with the bike ? :)) from geneva i did it today it took me 1hour and half from geneva ,but if you are not willing to ,take car you have to buy a ticket for the bike or a carte journaliere for the bike ,bikes in trains are payable in swizertland 

hesham shafei, Aug 12, 2020 @ 22:29
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3

Of course, a foldable bike is ideal for bringing on public transport. In that yous, I don't think you need a ticket for it.

Alternatively, leave a bike in Geneva overnight. There are locked bike parkings by the stations.

Of course, a foldable bike is ideal for bringing on public transport. In that yous, I don't think you need a ticket for it.

Alternatively, leave a bike in Geneva overnight. There are locked bike parkings by the stations.

tawb, Aug 13, 2020 @ 21:32
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 4

Thanks for the advice everyone! I'll be needing to go Nyon-Geneva and Geneva - Nyon with the bike everyday, so cycling all the way or leaving the bike in Geneva isn't really an option. 

I didn't realise you had to pay for the bike, good to know!

Thanks for the advice everyone! I'll be needing to go Nyon-Geneva and Geneva - Nyon with the bike everyday, so cycling all the way or leaving the bike in Geneva isn't really an option. 

Isabel T, Aug 13, 2020 @ 21:58
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 5

Why not leaving a bike in Geneva?A second-hand bike used only for going o the office doesn't cost much.

I have a bike parked at the office, only used for going around town. My real bike, I keep at home.

Why not leaving a bike in Geneva?A second-hand bike used only for going o the office doesn't cost much.

I have a bike parked at the office, only used for going around town. My real bike, I keep at home.

tawb, Aug 13, 2020 @ 23:00
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 6

Aug 13, 20 21:58

So ask for a passport velo you will pay 240 chf per year for the bike or if you buy a special bag for the bike you don't have to pay for the bike 

So ask for a passport velo you will pay 240 chf per year for the bike or if you buy a special bag for the bike you don't have to pay for the bike 

hesham shafei, Aug 14, 2020 @ 01:11
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 7

https://www.sbb.ch/en/travelcards-and-tickets/tickets-for-switzerland/bike-tickets.html

https://www.sbb.ch/en/travelcards-and-tickets/tickets-for-switzerland/bike-tickets.html

hesham shafei, Aug 14, 2020 @ 01:12
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 8

https://www.sbb.ch/en/timetable/travel-advice/bicycles/take-your-bike-with-you/tranzbag.html

https://www.sbb.ch/en/timetable/travel-advice/bicycles/take-your-bike-with-you/tranzbag.html

hesham shafei, Aug 14, 2020 @ 01:13
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
8 Replies | 702 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form