Login or Sign Up

Forums in Geneva > Geneva > Computer tower disposal

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Computer tower disposal

Where can I throw away an old computer tower and keyboards in Geneva? 

The text you are quoting:

Where can I throw away an old computer tower and keyboards in Geneva? 

heavenscent700 dOct 27, 2020 @ 10:30
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

6 Replies | 749 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Computer tower disposal
Post 1

Once a month there is a collection of items that dont belong in normal rubbish.  Check on your building, I'm pretty sure there will be a notice somewhere of which day it is.  Normally you will see white vans circling on the evening before to pick up any juicy items that people see fit to throw away!!

Give you hard drive a good bash though, so to speak.  Its almost impossible to truly delete things off it other than to physically destroy it.... 

Once a month there is a collection of items that dont belong in normal rubbish.  Check on your building, I'm pretty sure there will be a notice somewhere of which day it is.  Normally you will see white vans circling on the evening before to pick up any juicy items that people see fit to throw away!!

Give you hard drive a good bash though, so to speak.  Its almost impossible to truly delete things off it other than to physically destroy it.... 

hucklewoo, Oct 27, 2020 @ 13:15
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2

Here is it is: https://www.ge.ch/comment-trier-ses-dechets/materiel-electrique-electronique

Here is it is: https://www.ge.ch/comment-trier-ses-dechets/materiel-electrique-electronique

gerald m, Oct 27, 2020 @ 15:15
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3

You can take any electronic items for disposal to any shop that sells electronics, eg: MediaMarket or Interdiscount. There is no charge and they must take them.

You can take any electronic items for disposal to any shop that sells electronics, eg: MediaMarket or Interdiscount. There is no charge and they must take them.

Sean C, Oct 29, 2020 @ 20:37
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 4

Oct 29, 20 20:37

Exactly, wich is why we all pay a recycling tax every time we purchase such items.

Exactly, wich is why we all pay a recycling tax every time we purchase such items.

Michel D, Oct 29, 2020 @ 21:29
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 5

Search Google: esrec  3 locations in the canton GE. oopenning hours on the web site.

Search Google: esrec  3 locations in the canton GE. oopenning hours on the web site.

frankgros, Oct 29, 2020 @ 21:31
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 6

Thanks everyone for the responses. It still here and I have to do it immediately due to semi lockdown. Have anice day and may we all be safe  ❤❤❤

Thanks everyone for the responses. It still here and I have to do it immediately due to semi lockdown. Have anice day and may we all be safe  ❤❤❤

heavenscent700 d, Nov 2, 2020 @ 11:57
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
6 Replies | 749 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form