Login or Sign Up

Forums in Geneva > Geneva > Delivery to smaller French post offices around Geneva

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Delivery to smaller French post offices around Geneva

I live in Troinex, close to the French border. Is it possible to arrange domestic French deliveries of goods, with Click & Collect or other systems, to the local post office over the border, rather than one of the larger centres like Ferney-Voltaire or Annemasse. Please advise. Thanks!

The text you are quoting:

I live in Troinex, close to the French border. Is it possible to arrange domestic French deliveries of goods, with Click & Collect or other systems, to the local post office over the border, rather than one of the larger centres like Ferney-Voltaire or Annemasse. Please advise. Thanks!

Paul MNov 9, 2020 @ 10:38
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

4 Replies | 1100 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Delivery to smaller French post offices around Geneva
Post 1

I had 2 parcels ordered on amazon.fr sent to the Ferney post office. One arrived and the other was returned and no-one could tell me why. I didn't try again after that.

I did notice an Amazon locker box in Annemasse the other day, I suspect there are others around.

There is also a mailbox company in Ferney - I don't know what they would charge.

I had 2 parcels ordered on amazon.fr sent to the Ferney post office. One arrived and the other was returned and no-one could tell me why. I didn't try again after that.

I did notice an Amazon locker box in Annemasse the other day, I suspect there are others around.

There is also a mailbox company in Ferney - I don't know what they would charge.

Sean C, Nov 14, 2020 @ 23:01
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2
I would suggest going to the small post office you have in mind and asking them.
I did this, and I ordered goods that were delivered there for me to collect, but it’s a couple of years ago now.

I would suggest going to the small post office you have in mind and asking them.
I did this, and I ordered goods that were delivered there for me to collect, but it’s a couple of years ago now.

TogJay, Nov 15, 2020 @ 09:03
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3

I arranged for an Amazon delivery to Divonne postoffice. Goods lost and never able to recover the money . Best to try and use a friends address if you have someone you know who lives in France nearby.

I arranged for an Amazon delivery to Divonne postoffice. Goods lost and never able to recover the money . Best to try and use a friends address if you have someone you know who lives in France nearby.

Tim emens, Dec 3, 2020 @ 10:12
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 4

Only do it with french company websites that specifically offer the service.  There are many that offer the option of delivering to a pick up location, and weirdly each company seems to offer different collection places so it hard to keep track.  Only do it that way, then you are covered, the collection is secure and the procedure established. 

Only do it with french company websites that specifically offer the service.  There are many that offer the option of delivering to a pick up location, and weirdly each company seems to offer different collection places so it hard to keep track.  Only do it that way, then you are covered, the collection is secure and the procedure established. 

hucklewoo, Dec 4, 2020 @ 11:19
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
4 Replies | 1100 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form