Login or Sign Up

Forums in Geneva > Geneva > Dentist in Annemasse

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Dentist in Annemasse

Hello! 

There are a few topics about searching for a dentist are already available on this forum. But they are quite old already, so I would like to create a new one. 

I am searching for a dentist to make a few fillings. Being on a budget, makes me search in neighboring France.  Especially Annemasse is interesting, as it is easy to reach by train ( I live near Nyon). 

Can anyone advise some affordable doctor? Preferably not far from the train station? There are a lot of doctors on maps but the pricing is not clear.

Language is not important as I can communicate a bit in French. 

Thank you in advance

The text you are quoting:

Hello! 

There are a few topics about searching for a dentist are already available on this forum. But they are quite old already, so I would like to create a new one. 

I am searching for a dentist to make a few fillings. Being on a budget, makes me search in neighboring France.  Especially Annemasse is interesting, as it is easy to reach by train ( I live near Nyon). 

Can anyone advise some affordable doctor? Preferably not far from the train station? There are a lot of doctors on maps but the pricing is not clear.

Language is not important as I can communicate a bit in French. 

Thank you in advance

Alex BSep 16, 2022 @ 16:23
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

5 Replies | 921 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Dentist in Annemasse
Post 1

Why not try Dentists in Divonne (since you live in Nyon)? A simple google search in English for me just brought up 4 suggestions...

ditto Ferney Voltaire?

I have a friend in France Nr Annemasse... and rather than go to a French dentist for fillings and implants he flew to Athens / Greece because the quality of work is better and pricing about 1/4 .....

Why not try Dentists in Divonne (since you live in Nyon)? A simple google search in English for me just brought up 4 suggestions...

ditto Ferney Voltaire?

I have a friend in France Nr Annemasse... and rather than go to a French dentist for fillings and implants he flew to Athens / Greece because the quality of work is better and pricing about 1/4 .....

Charlie, Sep 16, 2022 @ 17:40
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2

Thank Charlie for your reply. Yes, Divonne is absolutely a possible choice as well. For me, it is probably the same complexity to reach both of these cities. 

Unfortunately, I cannot now quite the country and fly somewhere for medical treatments. That is why I am searching for something nearby so I can return the same day. 

I saw a lot of doctors on google maps, I am just wondering If someone could recommend from his experience. Also, it is not clear the prices of doctors on google maps. The majority of them don't have websites with price lists,  and even if they have sometimes they charge much more (they include additionally plenty of small additional price items)

Thank Charlie for your reply. Yes, Divonne is absolutely a possible choice as well. For me, it is probably the same complexity to reach both of these cities. 

Unfortunately, I cannot now quite the country and fly somewhere for medical treatments. That is why I am searching for something nearby so I can return the same day. 

I saw a lot of doctors on google maps, I am just wondering If someone could recommend from his experience. Also, it is not clear the prices of doctors on google maps. The majority of them don't have websites with price lists,  and even if they have sometimes they charge much more (they include additionally plenty of small additional price items)

Alex B, Sep 16, 2022 @ 18:02
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3

Sep 16, 22 18:02

Dentistry in neighbouring France is maybe cheaper for standard teeth cleaning etc... if you need fillings or implants the cost difference between Switzerland and local French dentists is marginal. The quality of work and care in Switzerland being far higher tho.

Sadly I cant recommend anyone... maybe someone else can on here?

Dentistry in neighbouring France is maybe cheaper for standard teeth cleaning etc... if you need fillings or implants the cost difference between Switzerland and local French dentists is marginal. The quality of work and care in Switzerland being far higher tho.

Sadly I cant recommend anyone... maybe someone else can on here?

Charlie, Sep 17, 2022 @ 08:59
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 4

To the best of my knowledge, it is considered unethical for dentists and other medical practitioners to publish or advertise their tariffs.  Furthermore, each patient is an individual.  The fact that one patient paid X francs for his/her treatment doesn’t guarantee that the cost will be the same for someone else.

As for a dentist in Annemasse, do you have the time to travel that far?  And can you also do so during the working week?  Because some dentists don’t work at the weekend.

Have you considered going to the dental service of a local hospital?

As for payment, you could perhaps negotiate a contract where the total cost would be spread over several months.

Another possibility if you are in regular work is to ask your employer for a loan which you would repay by monthly deductions from your salary.

In other words, it could be more advantageous in the long run to find a dentist

nearer your home.

Best wishes,

Ritchie

To the best of my knowledge, it is considered unethical for dentists and other medical practitioners to publish or advertise their tariffs.  Furthermore, each patient is an individual.  The fact that one patient paid X francs for his/her treatment doesn’t guarantee that the cost will be the same for someone else.

As for a dentist in Annemasse, do you have the time to travel that far?  And can you also do so during the working week?  Because some dentists don’t work at the weekend.

Have you considered going to the dental service of a local hospital?

As for payment, you could perhaps negotiate a contract where the total cost would be spread over several months.

Another possibility if you are in regular work is to ask your employer for a loan which you would repay by monthly deductions from your salary.

In other words, it could be more advantageous in the long run to find a dentist

nearer your home.

Best wishes,

Ritchie

Ritchie, Sep 18, 2022 @ 00:35
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 5

My friend recommended me Cabinet dentaire du Dr Basseporte in Gaillard, next to Annemasse, 

My friend recommended me Cabinet dentaire du Dr Basseporte in Gaillard, next to Annemasse, 

Emanuela O, Sep 18, 2022 @ 18:35
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
5 Replies | 921 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form