Login or Sign Up

Forums in Geneva > Geneva > Dog Registration

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Dog Registration

We have recently imported a (chipped and vaccinated) puppy from France. He has a pet passport. We live in Meyrin, Geneva.

We are so confused as to how to register him with the canton, vet and AMICUS, and wheover we ask tells us a different story!

Can anyone please explain the stages? Please?!!

The text you are quoting:

We have recently imported a (chipped and vaccinated) puppy from France. He has a pet passport. We live in Meyrin, Geneva.

We are so confused as to how to register him with the canton, vet and AMICUS, and wheover we ask tells us a different story!

Can anyone please explain the stages? Please?!!

Alex ForsythNov 17, 2020 @ 10:47
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

3 Replies | 661 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Dog Registration
Post 1

Go to the Mairie.

Best, R.

Go to the Mairie.

Best, R.

Ritchie, Nov 17, 2020 @ 11:57
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2

Having just done this last week, I can confirm that there are a couple of different paths, or rather, different order of things to do, but they all involve the Maririe.

Thing is, you need to register in AMICUS, and you need to register with your commune. The vet can do AMICUS for you, but apparently the Mairie will also do it for you if you haven't done it at the vet first (this I haven't confirmed, as I went to the vet first..). At the Mairie, they will ask for your ID, the dog's ID, and your RC insurance. Then, at some point in the future, you will receive the bill for the taxes, complements of the SCAV. After you've paid this, you have to go back to the Mairie and ask for you Medalle, which is an annual thing just like the Vignette, that you have to put on your dog's collar.

Word of warning: Only deal with your commune and your vet. I made the mistake of asking directly to the SCAV, and they responded with "That was your responsability to figure out before getting a dog. Here's a fine for 650 CHF for not having done what you didn't know you should have done."

Having just done this last week, I can confirm that there are a couple of different paths, or rather, different order of things to do, but they all involve the Maririe.

Thing is, you need to register in AMICUS, and you need to register with your commune. The vet can do AMICUS for you, but apparently the Mairie will also do it for you if you haven't done it at the vet first (this I haven't confirmed, as I went to the vet first..). At the Mairie, they will ask for your ID, the dog's ID, and your RC insurance. Then, at some point in the future, you will receive the bill for the taxes, complements of the SCAV. After you've paid this, you have to go back to the Mairie and ask for you Medalle, which is an annual thing just like the Vignette, that you have to put on your dog's collar.

Word of warning: Only deal with your commune and your vet. I made the mistake of asking directly to the SCAV, and they responded with "That was your responsability to figure out before getting a dog. Here's a fine for 650 CHF for not having done what you didn't know you should have done."

Ole Sveen, Nov 19, 2020 @ 12:12
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3

Nov 19, 20 12:12

Thank you SO mich for this!! It does seem to be a little different depending on who you speak to!!

My commune (Meyrin) were able to register in AMICUS, and I can now apparently take him to the vet who'll scan his chip and add this to his AMICUS record (I think!!). I can then register with the vet.

Apparently, according to Meyrin, I then return to them with the RC insurance etc, and they issue the medaille! 

At least, that's the way I understand it!!!

Thank you so much for being so helpful!!

Thank you SO mich for this!! It does seem to be a little different depending on who you speak to!!

My commune (Meyrin) were able to register in AMICUS, and I can now apparently take him to the vet who'll scan his chip and add this to his AMICUS record (I think!!). I can then register with the vet.

Apparently, according to Meyrin, I then return to them with the RC insurance etc, and they issue the medaille! 

At least, that's the way I understand it!!!

Thank you so much for being so helpful!!

Alex Forsyth, Nov 19, 2020 @ 12:41
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
3 Replies | 661 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form