Login or Sign Up

Forums in Geneva > Geneva > Dog in Geneva - day care arrangement

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Dog in Geneva - day care arrangement

Hi folks,

Possibly someone can share their view experince about keeping the dog in Geneva. I am considering bringing over my dog, who left in the UK. I am more or less familiar with the related paperwork; my question is around dog care arrangments as I am living on my own and I am not sure whether my office is pet-friendly (so far haven't seen any dog). The details I am after:

- typical work hours

- costs (range)

- recommendations based on the personal experience

- anything else that I need to consider

Thanks in advance for your responses.

The text you are quoting:

Hi folks,

Possibly someone can share their view experince about keeping the dog in Geneva. I am considering bringing over my dog, who left in the UK. I am more or less familiar with the related paperwork; my question is around dog care arrangments as I am living on my own and I am not sure whether my office is pet-friendly (so far haven't seen any dog). The details I am after:

- typical work hours

- costs (range)

- recommendations based on the personal experience

- anything else that I need to consider

Thanks in advance for your responses.

Dmitry LJun 14, 2022 @ 23:33
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

1 Replies | 997 Views      |  Send to friend

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Re: Dog in Geneva - day care arrangement
Post 1

Hi,

Day care: I'm not familiar with doggy daycare during working hours, but you should be able to find a dog walker quite easily once you're here.
On this link (click the pdf) you'll find a list of registered dog walkers, but it seems to date back to 2018...
https://www.ge.ch/document/liste-promeneurs-chiens-autorises

You may also find non-official dog walkers, but make sure they have good references and are experienced with dogs.
Some dog walkers come to your place and walk the dogs 2-3x per day, some others, more professional, pick up your dog and bring him somewhere else in a doggy daycare place.

Overnight care: you'll find professional kennels in Geneva and around charging from 25.- to ... 115.-/day (!), depending on the style of kennel (boxes vs. like at home). When I don't find any other solution with friends/housesitters for my own dog, I leave her at Stillwagon.ch (boxes style). You'll find also some people who host dogs in their house (rates from 25.- to 40.-/day).

Dog tax: you'll be delighted to hear that in Switzerland dog owner must pay a yearly tax. In canton Geneva, it ranges from 50.- to 100.-/year depending on your commune (+ 5.- secondary tax + 0.- to 20.- fees depending on your commune). If you have more than one dog, it ranges from 70.- to 200.- per additional dog.

Seasonal: in canton Geneva, from April to mid-July, you must keep your dog on the lead in woodland areas.

Breed: some breeds are prohibited in Geneva and in some other cantons. If you have an "attack dog" breed (pit bull, am'staff, cane corso, etc.), you better check prior to moving to CH.

Ears and tail: cut ears and cut tails are prohibited in Switzerland; I guess there are exceptions when you move to CH with your own grown up dog; better check first.

See also you PM for extra info Laughing

The text you are quoting:

Hi,

Day care: I'm not familiar with doggy daycare during working hours, but you should be able to find a dog walker quite easily once you're here.
On this link (click the pdf) you'll find a list of registered dog walkers, but it seems to date back to 2018...
https://www.ge.ch/document/liste-promeneurs-chiens-autorises

You may also find non-official dog walkers, but make sure they have good references and are experienced with dogs.
Some dog walkers come to your place and walk the dogs 2-3x per day, some others, more professional, pick up your dog and bring him somewhere else in a doggy daycare place.

Overnight care: you'll find professional kennels in Geneva and around charging from 25.- to ... 115.-/day (!), depending on the style of kennel (boxes vs. like at home). When I don't find any other solution with friends/housesitters for my own dog, I leave her at Stillwagon.ch (boxes style). You'll find also some people who host dogs in their house (rates from 25.- to 40.-/day).

Dog tax: you'll be delighted to hear that in Switzerland dog owner must pay a yearly tax. In canton Geneva, it ranges from 50.- to 100.-/year depending on your commune (+ 5.- secondary tax + 0.- to 20.- fees depending on your commune). If you have more than one dog, it ranges from 70.- to 200.- per additional dog.

Seasonal: in canton Geneva, from April to mid-July, you must keep your dog on the lead in woodland areas.

Breed: some breeds are prohibited in Geneva and in some other cantons. If you have an "attack dog" breed (pit bull, am'staff, cane corso, etc.), you better check prior to moving to CH.

Ears and tail: cut ears and cut tails are prohibited in Switzerland; I guess there are exceptions when you move to CH with your own grown up dog; better check first.

See also you PM for extra info Laughing

missdaisy, Aug 24, 2022 @ 11:27
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin
1 Replies | 997 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form