Login or Sign Up

Forums in Geneva > Geneva > Drivers License

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Drivers License
Hi all,

Was wondering if anyone could help.

I'm trying to get a Swiss drivers license and I dont know how to go about it.Do i need to apply for a provisional licence (like in the UK)? if so, where do i apply/go for it? Where can I buy the theory books, preferably in english? Can anyone reccommend a good driving school with an english speaking instructor?

All help will be greatly appreciated.

V.
The text you are quoting:
Hi all,

Was wondering if anyone could help.

I'm trying to get a Swiss drivers license and I dont know how to go about it.Do i need to apply for a provisional licence (like in the UK)? if so, where do i apply/go for it? Where can I buy the theory books, preferably in english? Can anyone reccommend a good driving school with an english speaking instructor?

All help will be greatly appreciated.

V.
VaraJun 22, 2006 @ 16:58
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

3 Replies | 1532 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Drivers License
Post 1
Already have a UK License?

If so, then all you need to do is go to the bureau des automobiles in Carouge, take with you the results of an eye test, which can be done at most opticians, your filled in application form, passport photo and the cash to pay for the admin fee. It doesn't matter if you have been here longer then a year they will still change your license without having to take any exams as a UK license is considered the same standard as a Swiss one.

If you don't already have a license then go to your nearest driving school and good luck
Already have a UK License?

If so, then all you need to do is go to the bureau des automobiles in Carouge, take with you the results of an eye test, which can be done at most opticians, your filled in application form, passport photo and the cash to pay for the admin fee. It doesn't matter if you have been here longer then a year they will still change your license without having to take any exams as a UK license is considered the same standard as a Swiss one.

If you don't already have a license then go to your nearest driving school and good luck
DJ_Symcard, Jun 22, 2006 @ 17:49
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Re: Drivers License
Post 2
I'm in a similar situation (I need to get a Swiss license within the next 6 month or so). I already have a US license and I heard there is a way to get a Swiss license without having to take the driving test again, but I have no idea how to do this.

Does anyone know how to go about doing this? Is it similar to the UK license procedure? I greatly appreciate the help!

Thanks,
~Debbie :)
I'm in a similar situation (I need to get a Swiss license within the next 6 month or so). I already have a US license and I heard there is a way to get a Swiss license without having to take the driving test again, but I have no idea how to do this.

Does anyone know how to go about doing this? Is it similar to the UK license procedure? I greatly appreciate the help!

Thanks,
~Debbie :)

Debbie, Jun 24, 2006 @ 12:39
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
3 Replies | 1532 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form