Login or Sign Up

Forums in Geneva > Geneva > EU citizen - self employment

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
EU citizen - self employment

Hello everyone,
I am currently finishing up my masters in Geneva, I have a B permit (studies) and I am an EU citizen.
I am planning on starting a management consulting business in Geneva or Vaud.
I have checked many websites but I am a bit confused.
Once I incorporate my company (sole proprietorship), can I start working directly while waiting for my permit? Or do I have to wait? (the federal admin website says I have to wait while the Geneva website says I can start working as soon as I submitt the paperwork). Also can the canton say that my business plan is not solid enough for them or is it just a formality? I have also heard that I need to provide a client list, how can I do that if I haven't started actually working? Is there any risk the canton will not allow me to create and stay to run the company? And lastly, I've heard that there are cases (I think less than 90 days of work) where I can simply incorporate my company and notify the canton and start working, is this a possible path, then I can actually ask for a B permit after I get enough clients?

Sorry for the long post and thank you so much!

The text you are quoting:

Hello everyone,
I am currently finishing up my masters in Geneva, I have a B permit (studies) and I am an EU citizen.
I am planning on starting a management consulting business in Geneva or Vaud.
I have checked many websites but I am a bit confused.
Once I incorporate my company (sole proprietorship), can I start working directly while waiting for my permit? Or do I have to wait? (the federal admin website says I have to wait while the Geneva website says I can start working as soon as I submitt the paperwork). Also can the canton say that my business plan is not solid enough for them or is it just a formality? I have also heard that I need to provide a client list, how can I do that if I haven't started actually working? Is there any risk the canton will not allow me to create and stay to run the company? And lastly, I've heard that there are cases (I think less than 90 days of work) where I can simply incorporate my company and notify the canton and start working, is this a possible path, then I can actually ask for a B permit after I get enough clients?

Sorry for the long post and thank you so much!

Fady RMar 4, 2021 @ 09:27
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

0 Replies | 478 Views      |  Send to friend

No replies posted yet.
0 Replies | 478 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form