Login or Sign Up

Forums in Geneva > Geneva > Employment rights / compensation rights in case of company going bankrupt

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Employment rights / compensation rights in case of company going bankrupt

Hi,

The company I work for is about to declare bankrupcy (they already started the activity 2 weeks ago) andf they have proposed me the following: get fired with immediate effect and I will get paid the notice period I have in the contract (which is 3 months)

What implication are in case I accept offer? Can I still claim unemplyment? I understood that being fired with immediate effect can be exposed to a penalty of 30-60 days at the unemployment office.

If I do not accept , will I still be paid for the 3 month notice if the administration takes over, once bankrupcy is decalred?

I tried to check eveywhere online but hard to find explanation for this particuar case.

Thank you you for your help

The text you are quoting:

Hi,

The company I work for is about to declare bankrupcy (they already started the activity 2 weeks ago) andf they have proposed me the following: get fired with immediate effect and I will get paid the notice period I have in the contract (which is 3 months)

What implication are in case I accept offer? Can I still claim unemplyment? I understood that being fired with immediate effect can be exposed to a penalty of 30-60 days at the unemployment office.

If I do not accept , will I still be paid for the 3 month notice if the administration takes over, once bankrupcy is decalred?

I tried to check eveywhere online but hard to find explanation for this particuar case.

Thank you you for your help

Andreea SarganSep 25, 2019 @ 11:02
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

0 Replies | 461 Views      |  Send to friend

No replies posted yet.
0 Replies | 461 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form