Login or Sign Up

Forums in Geneva > Geneva > Equivalent years Swiss primary system and Ecolint

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Equivalent years Swiss primary system and Ecolint

Hi there, 

Does anyone know what year a child in 6P in the Swiss system would go into if they were to transfer to Ecolint please? (for the sake of clarity, let's say they transfer halfway through the 6P school year). I can't see anything on their website. 

Thanks!

The text you are quoting:

Hi there, 

Does anyone know what year a child in 6P in the Swiss system would go into if they were to transfer to Ecolint please? (for the sake of clarity, let's say they transfer halfway through the 6P school year). I can't see anything on their website. 

Thanks!

Victoria WMay 18, 2021 @ 20:36
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

1 Replies | 662 Views      |  Send to friend

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Re: Equivalent years Swiss primary system and Ecolint
Post 1

This could be the same year, i.e. year 6.

At Ecolint they can start at age 3, but this is counted as "pre-reception" followed by a reception year. So "year 1" starts when the kids are 5 by August 31 of a year. This would usually be 1P in public school as well.

I think the cutoff date in public school is October 31 rather than August 31, so if their birthday is in Sep/Oct there could be a shift. Anyway, best contact the school. It also depends a lot on the kids in what class best to place them.

The text you are quoting:

This could be the same year, i.e. year 6.

At Ecolint they can start at age 3, but this is counted as "pre-reception" followed by a reception year. So "year 1" starts when the kids are 5 by August 31 of a year. This would usually be 1P in public school as well.

I think the cutoff date in public school is October 31 rather than August 31, so if their birthday is in Sep/Oct there could be a shift. Anyway, best contact the school. It also depends a lot on the kids in what class best to place them.

Sven T, May 23, 2021 @ 23:17
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin
1 Replies | 662 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form