Login or Sign Up

Forums in Geneva > Geneva > Finding housing as a student

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Finding housing as a student

Hi, 

I'm moving to Geneva in the new year for a semester abroad. Does anyone have any tips on founding housing while not being able to visit appartments? Any trusted sites I should look to? 

Where I'm from, we often use Facebook Marketplace for renting apparments and rooms, is this a common practice?

Thanks!

The text you are quoting:

Hi, 

I'm moving to Geneva in the new year for a semester abroad. Does anyone have any tips on founding housing while not being able to visit appartments? Any trusted sites I should look to? 

Where I'm from, we often use Facebook Marketplace for renting apparments and rooms, is this a common practice?

Thanks!

Marie MNov 7, 2023 @ 01:39
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

2 Replies | 454 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Finding housing as a student
Post 1

Hi Marie,

You can actually use this site to find an apartment or a room. Just click the "Classifieds". The ads are continuously republished so the active ones are always with very recent date.

Otherwise, immoscout24.ch is quite good, but you need to know how to apply with a dossier in Switzerland. It has been explained on this forum.

"Virtual visits" via video are becoming more common, so it can be done remotely. For the ones on Glocals you may arrage a WhatsApp call with video, too.

Best,

Sven

Hi Marie,

You can actually use this site to find an apartment or a room. Just click the "Classifieds". The ads are continuously republished so the active ones are always with very recent date.

Otherwise, immoscout24.ch is quite good, but you need to know how to apply with a dossier in Switzerland. It has been explained on this forum.

"Virtual visits" via video are becoming more common, so it can be done remotely. For the ones on Glocals you may arrage a WhatsApp call with video, too.

Best,

Sven

Sven T, Nov 12, 2023 @ 13:00
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Re: Finding housing as a student
Post 2

Hi,

My friend is moving out from Geneva and has to rent out his 1 room apartment, very well located.

Are you still interested ?

079 911 34 24 is my phone number 

I can also put you in contact with him directly, for a visit , etc. ..

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Adelina

PS : if you are not interested and you have other frineds interested in renting 1 room apartment in geneva, please give them my phone number

Hi,

My friend is moving out from Geneva and has to rent out his 1 room apartment, very well located.

Are you still interested ?

079 911 34 24 is my phone number 

I can also put you in contact with him directly, for a visit , etc. ..

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Adelina

PS : if you are not interested and you have other frineds interested in renting 1 room apartment in geneva, please give them my phone number

Adelina C, Nov 15, 2023 @ 13:15
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
2 Replies | 454 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form