Login or Sign Up

Forums in Geneva > Geneva > Fiscal residence

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Fiscal residence

Hello, 

One of my banks in Spain is asking for fiscal residence information.

I work in Geneva but I live in France. I am quite new here and I do not know if my fiscal residence is Geneva, France, or both. The problem is they ask for a Tax payer number. When I give the Swiss one, they say it does not match with the country of residence. If i say it is France, I still dont have a French Tin number.

Anyone with some light upon this?

Thanks in advance

The text you are quoting:

Hello, 

One of my banks in Spain is asking for fiscal residence information.

I work in Geneva but I live in France. I am quite new here and I do not know if my fiscal residence is Geneva, France, or both. The problem is they ask for a Tax payer number. When I give the Swiss one, they say it does not match with the country of residence. If i say it is France, I still dont have a French Tin number.

Anyone with some light upon this?

Thanks in advance

Alberto GOct 28, 2019 @ 18:12
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

2 Replies | 555 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Fiscal residence
Post 1

As far as I know, your fiscal residence is France (provided that you live in France for more than six months and a day per year, no matter if you work in France or in Geneva). If you are registered in the French consulate (normally in Lyon), they can make a residence certificate for your bank. Make sure to tell them it's for the bank ("a efectos bancarios"), not for the tax authorities in Spain ("a efectos fiscales"), as it is not the same thing, and your bank only needs the first kind.

As far as I know, your fiscal residence is France (provided that you live in France for more than six months and a day per year, no matter if you work in France or in Geneva). If you are registered in the French consulate (normally in Lyon), they can make a residence certificate for your bank. Make sure to tell them it's for the bank ("a efectos bancarios"), not for the tax authorities in Spain ("a efectos fiscales"), as it is not the same thing, and your bank only needs the first kind.

ajimenezp, Oct 29, 2019 @ 20:10
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Re: Fiscal residence
Post 2

Thank you very much for your answer!!!!!!

Thank you very much for your answer!!!!!!

Alberto G, Oct 30, 2019 @ 19:22
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
2 Replies | 555 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form