Login or Sign Up

Forums in Geneva > Geneva > Garantie loyer held for more that 2 months

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Garantie loyer held for more that 2 months

Hi, 

I left my previous flat more than 2 months ago and there were some minor things that needed to be fixed (a missing toothbrush glass and a scratch in a door).

After 2.5 months the regie still has not sent me the bill for those items and therefore my guarantie loyer is locked in the bank. 

is there anything the can be done here? everytime I call them they say they are waiting for the bills to be sent to them...

Thanks

The text you are quoting:

Hi, 

I left my previous flat more than 2 months ago and there were some minor things that needed to be fixed (a missing toothbrush glass and a scratch in a door).

After 2.5 months the regie still has not sent me the bill for those items and therefore my guarantie loyer is locked in the bank. 

is there anything the can be done here? everytime I call them they say they are waiting for the bills to be sent to them...

Thanks

calfordOct 25, 2022 @ 10:09
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

4 Replies | 815 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Garantie loyer held for more that 2 months
Post 1

Hi, 

Thanks

Oct 25, 22 10:09

Make a list of the dates and times of all your calls to the Régie and then go to Asloca, the organization that defends tenants and their rights.

All the best,

Ritchie

Make a list of the dates and times of all your calls to the Régie and then go to Asloca, the organization that defends tenants and their rights.

All the best,

Ritchie

Ritchie, Oct 25, 2022 @ 17:34
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2

I'm with Ritchie: you should put the question to Asloca

I'm with Ritchie: you should put the question to Asloca

Nir Ofek, Oct 28, 2022 @ 11:16
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3

I had this problem and  Asloca helped me with a letter to the Regie, which was very successful.

You will have to become a member for them to take you on. ( I already was having previously had problems). This is 70f currently, plus 20f one off for administrative opening of your file. You can do this when you arrive before consultation. Membership is annual, permits unlimited number of consultations within that period. If you do not cancel it before the date of the end of the contract, you will automatically be billed for the next year and so on…

ASLOCA Genève

Rue du Lac 12

1207 Genève

(adresse postale : ASLOCA Genève - case postale 6150 - 1211 Genève 6)

Tél. : 022 716 18 00

Fax : 022 716 18 05

E-Mail: [email protected]

link with current info regarding consultation (in French).

https://geneve.asloca.ch/missions/defense-individuelle

If you go to a drop-in, go early, or expect to wait, sometimes considerably. Many go.

I had this problem and  Asloca helped me with a letter to the Regie, which was very successful.

You will have to become a member for them to take you on. ( I already was having previously had problems). This is 70f currently, plus 20f one off for administrative opening of your file. You can do this when you arrive before consultation. Membership is annual, permits unlimited number of consultations within that period. If you do not cancel it before the date of the end of the contract, you will automatically be billed for the next year and so on…

ASLOCA Genève

Rue du Lac 12

1207 Genève

(adresse postale : ASLOCA Genève - case postale 6150 - 1211 Genève 6)

Tél. : 022 716 18 00

Fax : 022 716 18 05

E-Mail: [email protected]

link with current info regarding consultation (in French).

https://geneve.asloca.ch/missions/defense-individuelle

If you go to a drop-in, go early, or expect to wait, sometimes considerably. Many go.

TogJay, Oct 28, 2022 @ 13:13
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 4

I agree Asloca is very helpful and good. Have been a member for many years. They have solved problems gor me with the regie on numerous occassions. Don't hesitate. Always write a recommandé letter to the regie for these type of problems. Phone calls takes alot of energy and time. All the best. 

I agree Asloca is very helpful and good. Have been a member for many years. They have solved problems gor me with the regie on numerous occassions. Don't hesitate. Always write a recommandé letter to the regie for these type of problems. Phone calls takes alot of energy and time. All the best. 

golombek, Nov 1, 2022 @ 06:40
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
4 Replies | 815 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form