Login or Sign Up

Forums in Geneva > Geneva > Getting COVID vaccine dose 2 in Geneva when dose 1 in another country

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Getting COVID vaccine dose 2 in Geneva when dose 1 in another country

Hi all,
I'm relocating to Geneva from London, and have already gotten my 1st dose of Pfizer vaccine in London. But I have to move to Geneva before I can get my dose 2 (UK is making everyone wait 11-12 weeks between dose 1 and dose 2). Has anyone been able to get only the 2nd dose in Geneva when they got dose 1 in another country? If so, did Geneva issue you a COVID vaccine certificate?

I tried calling the Geneva public health authorities and they said Pfizer is in limited supply in Geneva and they would not issue a vaccine certificate if I didn't get the 1st dose in Switzerland. Wondering if anyone has advice??

The text you are quoting:

Hi all,
I'm relocating to Geneva from London, and have already gotten my 1st dose of Pfizer vaccine in London. But I have to move to Geneva before I can get my dose 2 (UK is making everyone wait 11-12 weeks between dose 1 and dose 2). Has anyone been able to get only the 2nd dose in Geneva when they got dose 1 in another country? If so, did Geneva issue you a COVID vaccine certificate?

I tried calling the Geneva public health authorities and they said Pfizer is in limited supply in Geneva and they would not issue a vaccine certificate if I didn't get the 1st dose in Switzerland. Wondering if anyone has advice??

Lisa WJun 4, 2021 @ 17:00
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

3 Replies | 630 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Getting COVID vaccine dose 2 in Geneva when dose 1 in another country
Post 1

Why not check if there's any health conflict with having your first dose of Pfizer and then going through the full process in Geneva, which will most likely be two doses of Moderna.  The reason I say is that the time between requesting a vaccination and getting the appointment here is now pretty quick, only a couple of weeks, so if there's no harm in having had both then perhaps the easiest thing may just be to go through the process in Switzerland.  At least that way you will find it easy to get the certificate and have it recognised in the country you are living.   As soon as you have arranged your health insurance and have your residency here you can make the request.  The alternative would be to keep your second appointment in London and go back for it.  

Why not check if there's any health conflict with having your first dose of Pfizer and then going through the full process in Geneva, which will most likely be two doses of Moderna.  The reason I say is that the time between requesting a vaccination and getting the appointment here is now pretty quick, only a couple of weeks, so if there's no harm in having had both then perhaps the easiest thing may just be to go through the process in Switzerland.  At least that way you will find it easy to get the certificate and have it recognised in the country you are living.   As soon as you have arranged your health insurance and have your residency here you can make the request.  The alternative would be to keep your second appointment in London and go back for it.  

hucklewoo, Jun 5, 2021 @ 20:27
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2

I reached out to Geneva because I had this issue. I got my first vaccine in the US (moderna). They will not let me get the 2nd vaccine in Geneva and told me that you must get it in the same location as the first one....

I'm traveling back to the US for the second one now. :(

I reached out to Geneva because I had this issue. I got my first vaccine in the US (moderna). They will not let me get the 2nd vaccine in Geneva and told me that you must get it in the same location as the first one....

I'm traveling back to the US for the second one now. :(

Courtney Tardif, Jun 6, 2021 @ 09:27
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3

Thanks hucklewoo. I'll enquire if it's medically safe to get 2 doses of the vaccine in Geneva in addition to having had dose 1 already in London. I'm guessing there is not sufficient clinical data on this regimen though, and they will tell me it's not safe to do so.

Thanks hucklewoo. I'll enquire if it's medically safe to get 2 doses of the vaccine in Geneva in addition to having had dose 1 already in London. I'm guessing there is not sufficient clinical data on this regimen though, and they will tell me it's not safe to do so.

Lisa W, Jun 7, 2021 @ 10:38
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
3 Replies | 630 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form