I've been searching on the internet for quite a while, but couldn't find anything helpful regarding our special case. Hopefully you can give us some advice.
Me and my girlfriend are both non-EU nationals living in Geneva. I have a B permit which is tied to my employer. She works for an international organization on a fixed-term contract and holds a legitiamtion card G.
We are planning to get married. And we have some speicific questions:
1. What is the procedure to get married in Geneva?
2. What documents are we required to submit?
3. How long does the whole process take?
4. My girlfriend's contract is coming to an end this year. To be able to live with me in Geneva, I believe I need to apply for a "family reunion" visa for her?
5. Will she have to leave Switzerland if the visa is not ready by the time her contract expires?
6. Are there any requirements/rules for her to get such a visa to be able to continue to live in Switzerland with me?
7. Will she be able to work? How to convert the family reunion visa to a work permit? I supoose it's gonna be a B permit. Will she be able to change employers?
Thanks in advance!