Login or Sign Up

Forums in Geneva > Geneva > Gluten, milk-free, mais-free bread in Geneva?

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Gluten, milk-free, mais-free bread in Geneva?

Hi all, Please share your knowledge of any shops that bake bread from rice or other flour, without amidon du mais (starch). Most gluten, diary-free products including those in Migros and Coop still include amidon (starch). But there seem to be some available, yet, all info found on the net are leading to some dead links. Need info for a person with health issues. Thank you in advance Embarassed

The text you are quoting:

Hi all, Please share your knowledge of any shops that bake bread from rice or other flour, without amidon du mais (starch). Most gluten, diary-free products including those in Migros and Coop still include amidon (starch). But there seem to be some available, yet, all info found on the net are leading to some dead links. Need info for a person with health issues. Thank you in advance Embarassed

Tunga NApr 25, 2022 @ 13:39
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

3 Replies | 1112 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Gluten, milk-free, mais-free bread in Geneva?
Post 1

Epicerie Fournil de la Ferme in Onex bakes organic breads, imagine they would do gluten free.. They have a shop onsite sellling organic food/wares and  few arts and crafts, and distribute their bread to other health food shops, I seem to remember. (I am not up to date with where all these all are these days, suggest you do an internet search).

Chemin de l'Auberge 4, Onex, Geneva, Switzerland, 1213,  022 793 14 15

Otherwise if close to the borders, you could try Satoriz organic food shops  in Ferney Voltaire (close to a F bus stop), or in Gailard about a 15/20 mins walk from the border Moillesulaz. They sell gluten free bread.

or, I imagine,  La Vie Claire organic shops in Annemasse and  St Julien en Genevois, or just over the border from Meyrin border in the Candide shopping  centre

Epicerie Fournil de la Ferme in Onex bakes organic breads, imagine they would do gluten free.. They have a shop onsite sellling organic food/wares and  few arts and crafts, and distribute their bread to other health food shops, I seem to remember. (I am not up to date with where all these all are these days, suggest you do an internet search).

Chemin de l'Auberge 4, Onex, Geneva, Switzerland, 1213,  022 793 14 15

Otherwise if close to the borders, you could try Satoriz organic food shops  in Ferney Voltaire (close to a F bus stop), or in Gailard about a 15/20 mins walk from the border Moillesulaz. They sell gluten free bread.

or, I imagine,  La Vie Claire organic shops in Annemasse and  St Julien en Genevois, or just over the border from Meyrin border in the Candide shopping  centre

TogJay, Apr 25, 2022 @ 22:39
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2

Meyrin border, Ferey Voltaire side

Meyrin border, Ferey Voltaire side

TogJay, Apr 25, 2022 @ 22:42
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3

An alternative - bake it by yourself :)

There are "breadmaker" machines (I have one of those) which are not expensive at all and when you get the proper recipies they make wonderfull breads.

An alternative - bake it by yourself :)

There are "breadmaker" machines (I have one of those) which are not expensive at all and when you get the proper recipies they make wonderfull breads.

Leo V, May 30, 2022 @ 23:29
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
3 Replies | 1112 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form