Login or Sign Up

Forums in Geneva > Geneva > Great experience with Asloca

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Great experience with Asloca

I contacted Asloca a few months ago to understand if the rent I'm paying is too high. I was assigned M Bachelard as my Asloca contact. 

Asloca did an amazing job for me: they identified that my rent is too high, and then led and negotiated the entire process with the regie (and eventually the courts) and came out with a good final result. 

Through all of it they kept me well informed of what's happening, and they kept a factual and non-agressive tone with all other players. 

I was well impressed with Asloca. 

If you have any issue with your rent, I'd suggest contacting them.  

The text you are quoting:

I contacted Asloca a few months ago to understand if the rent I'm paying is too high. I was assigned M Bachelard as my Asloca contact. 

Asloca did an amazing job for me: they identified that my rent is too high, and then led and negotiated the entire process with the regie (and eventually the courts) and came out with a good final result. 

Through all of it they kept me well informed of what's happening, and they kept a factual and non-agressive tone with all other players. 

Nir OfekNov 27, 2019 @ 12:37
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

3 Replies | 748 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Great experience with Asloca
Post 1

Nov 27, 19 12:37

Asloca are a really amazing organisation.

Asloca are a really amazing organisation.

Sean C, Nov 27, 2019 @ 13:39
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2

Cannot agree more. In a city where landlords shamelessly submit their tenants to every kind of abuse, ASLOCA is a lifesaver and everybody should become a member of it.

According to a study by Raiffeisen Bank, rents in Geneva are 40% inflated over their normal market price.

ASLOCA asks for an annual fee of 70 CHF (the price of a coffee every two weeks!) but can easily make you save thousands.

Cannot agree more. In a city where landlords shamelessly submit their tenants to every kind of abuse, ASLOCA is a lifesaver and everybody should become a member of it.

According to a study by Raiffeisen Bank, rents in Geneva are 40% inflated over their normal market price.

ASLOCA asks for an annual fee of 70 CHF (the price of a coffee every two weeks!) but can easily make you save thousands.

TheOmegaMan, Nov 27, 2019 @ 18:35
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3

Nov 27, 19 18:35

I heartily agree with The Omega Man.

Everyone who is a tenant should join Asloca as insurance in the event of an unforeseeable situation with the landlord and/or the Régie.

Asloca never refuse to help a newcomer but it obviously makes their task and funding so much easier when an applicant for assistance is already a member of their community.

And at CHF 70 per annum, membershp’s a pretty good deal.

I heartily agree with The Omega Man.

Everyone who is a tenant should join Asloca as insurance in the event of an unforeseeable situation with the landlord and/or the Régie.

Asloca never refuse to help a newcomer but it obviously makes their task and funding so much easier when an applicant for assistance is already a member of their community.

And at CHF 70 per annum, membershp’s a pretty good deal.

Ritchie, Nov 27, 2019 @ 19:28
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
3 Replies | 748 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form