Login or Sign Up

Forums in Geneva > Geneva > Healing missing childhood touch

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Healing missing childhood touch

Hello there,

My name is Yaseer and I'm in my late 30s.

I am currently going through a healing process (with a therapist) to fill the gap of my emotionally missing father during childhood.

One of the techniques / experiments suggested to me is to be held by another man - like in the pictures appearing in this book (photo here)

I am looking for someone who will also benefit with this technique/experiment for whatever reason.
May be someone who has a missing son feeling might benefit?
Or may be someone who might have their own non-sexual reason for doing this...example loneliness? Or just because you want to help someone heal!

Only messages in my inbox please.

Thank you in advance for not judging.

Regards,
Yaseer

ps: We can talk about our covid concerns before meeting

The text you are quoting:

Hello there,

My name is Yaseer and I'm in my late 30s.

I am currently going through a healing process (with a therapist) to fill the gap of my emotionally missing father during childhood.

One of the techniques / experiments suggested to me is to be held by another man - like in the pictures appearing in this book (photo here)

I am looking for someone who will also benefit with this technique/experiment for whatever reason.
May be someone who has a missing son feeling might benefit?
Or may be someone who might have their own non-sexual reason for doing this...example loneliness? Or just because you want to help someone heal!

Only messages in my inbox please.

Thank you in advance for not judging.

Regards,
Yaseer

ps: We can talk about our covid concerns before meeting

Yaseer ZDec 15, 2020 @ 21:43
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

4 Replies | 437 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Healing missing childhood touch
Post 1

I learned that you can't feed the childhood luck by getting it from others. You need to renounce this longing as it never would happen and start giving it to yourself. Otherwise this is a road to dependency. 

I learned that you can't feed the childhood luck by getting it from others. You need to renounce this longing as it never would happen and start giving it to yourself. Otherwise this is a road to dependency. 

Nat S, Dec 18, 2020 @ 23:33
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2

Dec 18, 20 23:33

Although one hesitates to generalize, I have to agree with Nat, both professionally (I practiced as a Psychologist for a while before moving on to a research and policy career) as well as based on personal experience.

It is best to find methods to overcome the longing rather than to feed it. In fact, a healthy parent-child emotional relationship has at its center the building of emotional independence, not life-long dependency.

I wish you the best of luck, Yasser, and I would advise that you try a therapist who follows a different approach. Living with that longing unresolved, or nurturing it, can make you vulnerable in your relationships.

Although one hesitates to generalize, I have to agree with Nat, both professionally (I practiced as a Psychologist for a while before moving on to a research and policy career) as well as based on personal experience.

It is best to find methods to overcome the longing rather than to feed it. In fact, a healthy parent-child emotional relationship has at its center the building of emotional independence, not life-long dependency.

I wish you the best of luck, Yasser, and I would advise that you try a therapist who follows a different approach. Living with that longing unresolved, or nurturing it, can make you vulnerable in your relationships.

JR M, Dec 19, 2020 @ 11:23
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3

Hugging therapy is actually working very well for those who think it's not necessary. Yasser is not asking for your opinion, he is asking for someone to take him in his arms and hug him.

The last thing he needs is your personal perspectives that are only valid for yourself. Touching and hugging is a basic human need and if he did lack in this childhood, it will help him getting this now as an adult so that his body will inscribe it as a new memory in its cells.

I'm not a man Yasser otherwise I would have offered it. Keep searching and going. Good luck.

Hugging therapy is actually working very well for those who think it's not necessary. Yasser is not asking for your opinion, he is asking for someone to take him in his arms and hug him.

The last thing he needs is your personal perspectives that are only valid for yourself. Touching and hugging is a basic human need and if he did lack in this childhood, it will help him getting this now as an adult so that his body will inscribe it as a new memory in its cells.

I'm not a man Yasser otherwise I would have offered it. Keep searching and going. Good luck.

Sofia, Jan 6, 2021 @ 13:27
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 4

Thanks Sofia for the kind words!

I have already started the sessions with someone who messaged me here and it is indeed healing!

Cheers

Thanks Sofia for the kind words!

I have already started the sessions with someone who messaged me here and it is indeed healing!

Cheers

Yaseer Z, Jan 8, 2021 @ 11:42
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
4 Replies | 437 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form