Login or Sign Up

Forums in Geneva > Geneva > Health insurance - from exemption to an obligatory insurance with 1 month break

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Health insurance - from exemption to an obligatory insurance with 1 month break

Hello there,

I hope you are all doing fine! I have a question related to a health insurance but first let me describe my issue: I have been working in Bern as an intern since July 2017 and from this date till 31.7.2019 I have had an exemption from an obligatory health insurance since I am an intern. Now I am starting a new job in Geneva starting on 1.9.2019 and in August I was back in my country pretty much - anyways, I did not have a permit valid so technically I was a tourist in Switzerland (originally I come from Czech Republic).

Today I received a letter from Amt für Sozialversichungen that I shold declare my health insurance policy to them from 1.8.2019 since I had an exemption only till 31.7.2019. Well, the problem is that I will have my permit starting from 1.9. so I should have an insurance since 1.9. as well. Unfortunately, the Bern migration office did not let me unregister and I was told that it is just one month so they will just change the address to Geneva from 1.9., otherwise I keep my legal domicile in Bern - even though I don't have a valid permit for August.

My question is if somebody else had a similar issue or what would you suggest me to do in such a case.

Thank you for your inputs and have a good day!

David

The text you are quoting:

Hello there,

I hope you are all doing fine! I have a question related to a health insurance but first let me describe my issue: I have been working in Bern as an intern since July 2017 and from this date till 31.7.2019 I have had an exemption from an obligatory health insurance since I am an intern. Now I am starting a new job in Geneva starting on 1.9.2019 and in August I was back in my country pretty much - anyways, I did not have a permit valid so technically I was a tourist in Switzerland (originally I come from Czech Republic).

Today I received a letter from Amt für Sozialversichungen that I shold declare my health insurance policy to them from 1.8.2019 since I had an exemption only till 31.7.2019. Well, the problem is that I will have my permit starting from 1.9. so I should have an insurance since 1.9. as well. Unfortunately, the Bern migration office did not let me unregister and I was told that it is just one month so they will just change the address to Geneva from 1.9., otherwise I keep my legal domicile in Bern - even though I don't have a valid permit for August.

My question is if somebody else had a similar issue or what would you suggest me to do in such a case.

Thank you for your inputs and have a good day!

David

David ZaderaAug 19, 2019 @ 10:52
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

0 Replies | 535 Views      |  Send to friend

No replies posted yet.
0 Replies | 535 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form