Login or Sign Up

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Help
Have been in Geneva for a while now and whilst knowing quite a few people through my work am at a loss to meet new people!

Same is true for my English flat mate who is equally disillusioned as to where the hell every one goes!!!!!

We have tried the English pubs, Java, Griffins etc and its ok if your there on a Saturday night. However lacking the French skills poses a problem. Yet we still can’t find a decent group of Anglo Saxon, fun loving people with a sense of humor.

Any suggestions?
The text you are quoting:
Have been in Geneva for a while now and whilst knowing quite a few people through my work am at a loss to meet new people!

Same is true for my English flat mate who is equally disillusioned as to where the hell every one goes!!!!!

We have tried the English pubs, Java, Griffins etc and its ok if your there on a Saturday night. However lacking the French skills poses a problem. Yet we still can’t find a decent group of Anglo Saxon, fun loving people with a sense of humor.

Any suggestions?

ReneJan 23, 2006 @ 18:19
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

5 Replies | 1206 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Help
Post 1
Around here we are all english speaker, fun lover, party lovers and ... well ... we just love it :)

Give us a try :) U won't be disappointed
If u are looking for place ... then ... is a different question :)

Cheers
Val
Around here we are all english speaker, fun lover, party lovers and ... well ... we just love it :)

Give us a try :) U won't be disappointed
If u are looking for place ... then ... is a different question :)

Cheers
Val
Hoiling, Jan 23, 2006 @ 21:14
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2
It's going to be a great way to get to know Geneva, and some cool Genevaites! Hope to see you there, email me if you would like to join us.
It's going to be a great way to get to know Geneva, and some cool Genevaites! Hope to see you there, email me if you would like to join us.
Brogsta, Jan 24, 2006 @ 02:56
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3
it's true Geneva aint easy for that.

But GoL can make a real difference here, and meeting new people is one of th emain reasons we created it.

It is very likely that if you become an active community member (active = posting, joinign events, doing event...), you will meet a ton of new people. Just ask some of the folks who responded to your posting, and you will hear amazing stories. From personal experience, I can also tell you that in 3 months on GoL, I met more amazing people than I met in 7 years in geneva before this. sad for me, but true...(-:

The pub crawl this sat is indeed a great start...
it's true Geneva aint easy for that.

But GoL can make a real difference here, and meeting new people is one of th emain reasons we created it.

It is very likely that if you become an active community member (active = posting, joinign events, doing event...), you will meet a ton of new people. Just ask some of the folks who responded to your posting, and you will hear amazing stories. From personal experience, I can also tell you that in 3 months on GoL, I met more amazing people than I met in 7 years in geneva before this. sad for me, but true...(-:

The pub crawl this sat is indeed a great start...

Nir Ofek, Jan 24, 2006 @ 18:53
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 4
You came to drinks! (it was nice to meet you BTW)
go on coming to activities and organise some yourself.
dinners, concerts, sky days, drinks...
seen the thursday thing posted by Pseudo and VeroB?
It's planned to become a weekly RDV. Answer them and see you there!
Ciao
You came to drinks! (it was nice to meet you BTW)
go on coming to activities and organise some yourself.
dinners, concerts, sky days, drinks...
seen the thursday thing posted by Pseudo and VeroB?
It's planned to become a weekly RDV. Answer them and see you there!
Ciao
Stef__Granny, Jan 25, 2006 @ 15:41
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
5 Replies | 1206 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form